Awesome Gif of Jose Aldo and Max Holloway Trading Punches in the Pocket

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
ThatLameChamois-size_restricted.gif

Holloway has a chin from the gods.

I don't think it was a fair trade for Aldo

That fight was hard to watch as an Aldo fan. Aldo fought like a lion, but it wasn't enough. Fuck, even during that final push from Holloway, he was firing back and landing. And Holloway just walked through it all. I remember thinking "what the fuck is Also supposed to do"? He was literally blasting Holloway back, and getting nothing from it except an ass kicking.

Both of them were great fights. Halloway is destined to be an all time great FW. If he takes out Ortega, that will be a big step.

That fight was hard to watch as an Aldo fan. Aldo fought like a lion, but it wasn't enough. Fuck, even during that final push from Holloway, he was firing back and landing. And Holloway just walked through it all. I remember thinking "what the fuck is Also supposed to do"? He was literally blasting Holloway back, and getting nothing from it except an ass kicking.

Both of them were great fights. Halloway is destined to be an all time great FW. If he takes out Ortega, that will be a big step.
Good point.

Aldo landed some massive shots and it had no effect

Its part of the reason I am not buying Ortega as a threat tbh.

Max at 145 is the king imo and the only way to be him is to take him down imo. Why i thought the khabib fight was a bad idea

You watched that gif and deduced maxs chin is iron ? Aldo is tough as nails those were some clean shots on the jaw

Max's pullback counters are fantastic.

He uses his height and reach perfectly to stand in front of his opponents and hit them when they can't fire back.

His fight with Ortega is gonna be crazy.

Aldo being tired didnt have enough pop on his punches. And Max will outcardio him 10/10 times. Aldo needed to pull a win out in the first or 2nd round when he's fresh and has full power. He can put Max away, but it has to be early. Otherwise Max will pull away in rds 3-5.

Great exchange! Both stood their ground and traded but didnt ignore their defense. They were both moving their heads and body nicely while looking to land.

Holloway been out too long. Dude is so fun to watch and is one of the most well rounded fighters today. Excellent striking, high IQ, incredible cardio, etc..

See Jose, leg-fucking-kicks...boxing, not so much.

Holloway needs to watch that chin cause it won't always be that strong. Aldo use to be in the same position where his chin was so strong and he would sometimes take one to give one, Mendes fight for example. But eventually he aged and his chin became weaker, ultimatily cracking with Conor.

It's fascinating how a loss to McGregor will effect each fighter differently. Our beloved Jose will most likely never be the same. However the young thundercat Max has built upon the lessons learned and came along in extremely impressive fashion.

Aldo is still young true but you can tell he's been in wars. Prime Aldo is still the greatest FW I've seen. He basically went through the division twice and had like a 10 year winning streak? You can't keep that up. I see the mileage on him.

Last edited:
The fps on the gif is pretty bad but aldo landed 2 very hard shots there that were much harder than any of holloways.

All I see is Aldo eating a ton of shots....
This is what is called selective viewing. Even with this poor fps you can see some shots for aldo. Seeing comments like this makes it more understandable how people say Holloway destroyed aldo both fights even though aldo was winning every round of both fights up until he faded and was tkoed both times.

Holloway is one of the best fighters ever. As is Aldo, but when you have an old legend leaving his prime vs a young confident guy with all the skill in the world it’s going to end one way.

Jose will always be one of my fave fighters. Hope he goes up to 155.

Back