Where should a newcomer to UFC begin?

NewToMMA_Matt

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello, I've been watching UFC for about 4 months now, and have recently purchased a subscription to UFC Fight Pass, and was wondering what year should I start watching the PPV's from in order for me to know enough about the current active fighters, and help build up my knowledge of MMA.

Strong username and strong first post

You’re gonna like it around here

Just watch Conor's highlights on youtube and you are good to go.
Oh, and join his Instagram!

Given the current champions and top 10 I say 2012-2011 are good start years, just check out any ppv or fight night with the names you recognise from the top of the divisions.

Firstly, change that fucking username unless you want to be ass raped every time you post. Other than that I recommend you buy fight pass and binge watch everything, got some pretty good shit.

Are you more into grappling (wrestling /bjj) or strikers? Depending on what your preference is you might get better results.

Hello, I've been watching UFC for about 4 months now, and have recently purchased a subscription to UFC Fight Pass, and was wondering what year should I start watching the PPV's from in order for me to know enough about the current active fighters, and help build up my knowledge of MMA.
Sup Matt, I'm Danny. Nice to meet you. I would most definitely start watching PRIDE FC fights cus it'll build your knowledge of the golden days of mma, than from their start watching the early day UFC events. Your gonna like it around here bruv, just dont let the douche bully posters bother you at all. Their is always an ignore option.

Last edited:
Welcome.

The Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar fight is always a great place to start imo.

Welcome newbie, keep posting and asking questions, we're not all scary :)

Nice man! UFC is so different now than it used to be. With every fighter having a twitter or an instagram or whatever else they use, they're very accessible and easy to stay up to date with how they're doing and what they're up to. It's pretty cool actually, I'd recommend watching a few youtube channels that report the daily goings on of all the different fighters. They'll show clips and twitter beefs and whatever else.

I'm really curious on what made you get the interest in the UFC in the last 4 months?

Women’s mma is the future. Make sure to watch and post your thoughts on women’s fights

Back