Bigger fight: Lesnar vs. Jones or Lesnar vs. Stipe for the belt?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Rumors are that Lesnar is returning. I think he will. I don’t want to hear any “he’s never coming back” because people said the same thing about Lesnar before he returned to fight Hunt and GSP returning to fight Bisping.

Lesnar vs. Jones would be huge I think. People would want to see it. Jones is a far better striker but I don’t see him keeping Lesnar at bay because he lacks dangerous 1 punch power like a Carwin or Hunt which you need to keep Lesnar back. I think Lesnar would eventually get Jones down. Could he keep him down? That’s the big question and why it’d be a great fight. I don’t think Jones would stay at HW but I think he’d fight there once for a monster paycheck superfight. Jones has to be could be getting low on funds if he didn’t invest his money or spend it wisely.

Lesnar vs. Stipe or whoever is HW champ might not be as sensational as Lesnar vs. Jones but it would be for the UFC HW belt and that’s always huge. A fight of Lesnar vs. Stipe or DC would most likely also be a huge superfight. And don’t doubt that Lesnar doesn’t get an immediate title shot. It could easily happen.

Bigger fight: Lesnar vs. Jones or Lesnar vs. Stipe (or whoever he HW champ) for the belt?

Lesnar would always draw big numbers. The question is Stipe or Jones, who can draw more?

Jones vs Lesnar would be the bigger fight

Jones would promote it
Stipe admits he hates doing promotion for UFC

It should be Stipe, but jones will work the media & get the casuals attention

Jones. He's the bigger draw. Either beats Brock with ease.

Jones vs Lesnar is so intriguing, even if it's a bit of a freakshow, I think Stipe would do what Cain did to Lesnar.

I think it might depend in part on how Miocic-Cormier goes.

Lesnar power would be harder for Jones to deal with. Jones would need to keep distance and that bull rush is terrifying. Jones doesn’t have one punch power at NWT so I’d think Brock’s chances are better with Jones. Stipe has bigger power and would be closer to Brock’s weight.
Brock’s days are over. He’s past 40 and a clean old Brock has about 2 min to bull rush and gnp and he’s done. First time he gets hit and he’ll turtle.

Jones v Brock sells more and is a more competitive fight

Still hope Stipe gets it though

Stipe would CRUSH lesnar. Jones/lesnar would be more interesting due to the unknown factor of Jones at heavyweight. But likely crushes him too

Stipe deserves the payday more, but Bones is a bigger draw, especially after being gone.

Lesnar vs Jones.

Jones is a bigger draw than Stipe, and Brock wouldn't win either matchup anyway, so Stipe's bout being for a title brings little to the table.

Rumors are that Lesnar is returning. I think he will. I don’t want to hear any “he’s never coming back” because people said the same thing about Lesnar before he returned to fight Hunt and GSP returning to fight Bisping.

Lesnar vs. Jones would be huge I think. People would want to see it. Jones is a far better striker but I don’t see him keeping Lesnar at bay because he lacks dangerous 1 punch power like a Carwin or Hunt which you need to keep Lesnar back. I think Lesnar would eventually get Jones down. Could he keep him down? That’s the big question and why it’d be a great fight. I don’t think Jones would stay at HW but I think he’d fight there once for a monster paycheck superfight. Jones has to be could be getting low on funds if he didn’t invest his money or spend it wisely.

Lesnar vs. Stipe or whoever is HW champ might not be as sensational as Lesnar vs. Jones but it would be for the UFC HW belt and that’s always huge. A fight of Lesnar vs. Stipe or DC would most likely also be a huge superfight. And don’t doubt that Lesnar doesn’t get an immediate title shot. It could easily happen.

Bigger fight: Lesnar vs. Jones or Lesnar vs. Stipe (or whoever he HW champ) for the belt?

Jones, and it’s not even close.

Jones would be the bigger fight, but I don’t think the difference would be too massive.

giphy.webp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back