Most slandered by fans fighters in UFC history?

L

Lissove

We all hated Koscheck...for whatever reason, but are there more fighters who just get that old fashioned witch hunt on them going with its you-just-knows and double-standards? I am thinking of Bryan Caraway, Jon Jones pre fuck up era, where he was accussed and hated for his...arm reach, his expertise at his weight class.

Today, I would say Yoel takes the cake with the amount of false slander going against him.

Slander means fake things being said. For that it would be gsp or fedor.

Covington gets tons of unnecessary hate for a guy who has never cheated or committed any crimes.

We all hated Koscheck...for whatever reason, but are there more fighters who just get that old fashioned witch hunt on them going with its you-just-knows and double-standards? I am thinking of Bryan Caraway, Jon Jones pre fuck up era, where he was accussed and hated for his...arm reach, his expertise at his weight class.

Today, I would say Yoel takes the cake with the amount of false slander going against him.

I think you better look up the definition of slander mate.

I can see you created this thread as a thinly veiled attempt to white knight Romero. The comments that have been made about him from a negative perspective have either been focused on speculating if he has been using PED's (which could be considered slander if they were outright accusations as he has only failed one test), or commenting on his dirty in ring actions (which are true and as such would not be considered slander).

Covington gets tons of unnecessary hate for a guy who has never cheated or committed any crimes.
He got a dui and charged with some form of assault when he was in college, cant remember exactly what it was though

Bruh why they hating on *insert controversial fighter's name*, he's a great fighter.

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg

The word you’re looking for is libel. Slander is spoken, libel is written...

....uhhhh, you might want to look into why Covington got kicked out of a D1 school and ended up rooming with Jon Jones at ICCC.

Additionally, he's getting the desired reaction from his shtick. There's nothing "unfair" about it. Though I don't understand why so many fans and fighters alike are stupid enough to take the bait and publicly insult him back.

I've never seen anybody disparage his fighting ability besides the complaints about his style being boring, which is something that all dominant wrestlers get.

Covington being a repulsive douch-bag gets you highly slandered from anyone who isn't a complete douch

I think you better look up the definition of slander mate.

I can see you created this thread as a thinly veiled attempt to white knight Romero. The comments that have been made about him from a negative perspective have either been focused on speculating if he has been using PED's (which could be considered slander if they were outright accusations as he has only failed one test), or commenting on his dirty in ring actions (which are true and as such would not be considered slander).
Comments made on him follow a good track record on substantiating rumors basing them on proven to be fake claims of stoolgate watergate, double standard judging what he does. Such dishonesty then leads to wild claims that he would do anything to cheat quoting him missing by 2 then .2 lbs, where both times he was hurt more by missing weight than gaining an advantage.

The logical dishonesty is frankly disgusting.

Comments made on him follow a good track record on substantiating rumors basing them on proven to be fake claims of stoolgate watergate, double standard judging what he does. Such dishonesty then leads to wild claims that he would do anything to cheat quoting him missing by 2 then .2 lbs, where both times he was hurt more by missing weight than gaining an advantage.

The logical dishonesty is frankly disgusting.

Like I said, you basically created a thread to defend Romero.

Why not just do that from the start instead of trying to hide it inside some big anti slander campaign?

Like I said, you basically created a thread to defend Romero.

Why not just do that from the start instead of trying to hide it inside some big anti slander campaign?
Or I might have seen the unfair treatment and wanted to know more examples of it through UFC history?

Or I might have seen the unfair treatment and wanted to know more examples of it through UFC history?

Lol ya, that's it. You took it upon yourself to defend fighters that seriously don't give a fuck what us keyboard warriors at Sherdog say about them.

Did not read OP.
But Matt Hughes.

Slander means fake things being said. For that it would be gsp or fedor.

If you mean on sherdog, that is libel, not slander. Because libel is written and slander is spoken.

Back