Jemele Hill ‏- Hardy’s history with domestic violence unfortunately makes him a fit in this sport

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It shouldn’t be surprising that Greg Hardy decisively won his professional mixed martial arts bout against Austen Lane last week, since there was convincing evidence a few years ago that the former NFL player can be quite the violent menace.

I’m not talking about what he did on the football field, where Hardy was once considered one of the league’s elite pass rushers. I’m referring to May 2014, when Charlotte, North Carolina, police responded to a call from Hardy’s then-girlfriend, who reported that Hardy had thrown her onto a couch on top of several semiautomatic weapons, strangled her and threatened to kill her.

Hardy initially was convicted by a North Carolina district judge, but Hardy later appealed the conviction and asked for a jury trial. Hardy reportedly secretly reached a civil settlement with his accuser, who could not be located for trial.

As was the case with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, apparently the prospect of showcasing Hardy’s violent talents is so irresistible that UFC president Dana White decided to sign Hardy to a contract after he pummeled Lane.

But there is something particularly awful about Hardy’s new alliance with the UFC. Hardy’s history with domestic violence unfortunately makes him a fit in this sport, as this league has a nasty history of attracting alleged abusers.

Read more:https://theundefeated.com/features/does-greg-hardy-deserve-a-second-chance-ufc/

Jemele Hill is a Senior correspondent and columnist for The Undefeated. She takes a couple shots at MMA in this article. What are your thoughts on this? I don't like her take on MMA and was never a fan of her work on ESPN.

She's not wrong, but you can say the same for the NFL and other sports. Hell, you can say that about any job period.

Abusers can be everywhere.

I mean yeah, if a former criminal can't be employed as a cage fighter, then what the fuck else is he supposed to do? Society should just discard him and never give him another chance to succeed because he did some bad shit in his past?

I mean yeah, if a former criminal can't be employed as a cage fighter, then what the fuck else is he supposed to do? Society should just discard him and never give him another chance to succeed because he did some bad shit in his past?

So War Machine should be allowed to fight again?

Not for the ufc, but sure if he wants to scrap in some quasi legal Russian or Brazilian org I don’t see why not.

Hermes Franca got out of jail and is still fighting.

I mean, he's in jail for another 36 years. But he if he serves his time, completes his sentence, and still wants to compete as an MMA fighter at age 72....

The justice system exists for a reason. If people pay for the crimes they commit (Hardy wasn't even convicted of anything), then they should be given another chance at life. If society discards them and never gives them another chance, they have no choice but to resort to more crime and the cycle will never be broken.

I only want upstanding citizens beating each others brains out for my amusement.

I mean, he's in jail for another 36 years. But he if he serves his time, completes his sentence, and still wants to compete as an MMA fighter at age 72....

The justice system exists for a reason. If people pay for the crimes they commit (Hardy wasn't even convicted of anything), then they should be given another chance at life. If society discards them and never gives them another chance, they have no choice but to resort to more crime and the cycle will never be broken.

Doubt he serves the full term and he wouldn't have got that many years if he showed remorse for his actions which he did not. I'm certain hes fighting nearly every day in jail.

And? She's entitled to her opinion, but it doesn't mean shit to me I'll still watch if he makes it to the UFC.

THats why I love MMA, blood for the blood god, pussies can change the channel.

She still works for Espn.
Touche'. However, she left her host job at SportsCenter to work for The Undefeated. Basically, a death sentence within the company.
She took a HUGE salary and visibility hit for her remarks

Back