UFC Fighters with a Killer Instinct?

Draper

Bronze Bomber
@purple
Reaction score
What UFC fighters today have a killer instinct and never attempt to bring the fight to the cards? Just got finished watching this Deontay Wilder video and realized how lacking the killer instinct is in UFC. Many fighters are content with fights going to the cards and have subpar KO ratios of <80%. Who has a killer instinct? What good MMA fighters have a KO ratio >80% and no losses?

The grappling element of MMA means that you'll never see guys with KO ratios like the elite boxers have.

With that said, guys like Jon Jones, Conor, Stipe, Cowboy, Lawler, Ortega, and Garbrandt have some pretty damn good killer instinct.

Last edited:
The grappling element of MMA means that you'll never see guys with KO ratios like the elite boxers have.

With that said, guys like Jon Jones, Conor, Stipe, Cowboy, Lawler, Ortega, and Garbrandt have some pretty damn good killer instinct.
I disagree. The grappling allows you to finish guys for good instead of giving them 10 seconds. We don't have the KOs for 2 reasons:

1) Many boxing KOs aren't KOs. If a guy is just getting punched a lot, the ref will stop it. In MMA, that guys going to eat brain damage until the decision. See JDS vs Carwin, JDS vs Nelson, etc. In boxing those fights would have been stopped. In MMA they just eat brutal shit for 5 rounds.

2) 5 rounds vs 12 rounds. Many 5 round beatdowns would end up in KOs in another 7 rounds.

Dillashaw
Ferguson
McGregor
Ngannou
Ortega
Shogun

Ortega has a very high finishing rate hasn't he?

Stephens, Costa, Latifi, Cody, Lewis would all likely commit murder if not for the ref

Jon Fitch
Jake Shields
Jared Rosholt
Chael Sonnen
Patrick Cummins
Kamaru Usman
Ryan Hall

I mean, you're comparing one boxer to a whole legion of fighters, so I wouldn't say it's an apt comparison.

Fedor, Shogun, Wand, Stipe, Jones..
Deontay beats Joshua, FYI.

9kuflu.jpg.gif

Jon Fitch
Jake Shields
Jared Rosholt
Chael Sonnen
Patrick Cummins
Kamaru Usman
Ryan Hall

It warms my heart to see that true fans like you have not forgotten about Jared Rosholt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back