former UFC champion Lyoto Machida rumored to be in talks with Bellator

Should Lyoto Machida leave UFC to Bellator?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Portal do Vale Tudo is reporting that according to their sources (probably Lyoto's manager Joinha) Lyoto Machida is seriously thinking about transitioning to Bellator.
His fight against Vitor Belfort at UFC 224 was his last one on his contract with UFC and now he's a free agent negotiating with both, waiting on offers.

tumblr_p8nbakiKMx1r7vh24o1_540.gif

f26585c556506b01c55f26d17e06f169.png

fd2ddf64f60e4567a59ef8cae067e71f.png

Last edited:
Be a good move, Chinzo already fights for Bellator. He would be top of the food chain there rather than mid tier.

Especially not having to worry about being banned 2 years for taking GNC products.

Damn.. At this stage I don't know if Lyoto could hang in Bellators LHW or MW division despite having victories over the two champions.

He just scored the most beautiful knockout of his career against another legend of the sport at 40 years old. Now would be the perfect time for him to hang them up and retire with dignity.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Welcome to the Machida era!

2!

Bellator is basically a grandfather division right now. So why not. The competition for him there would be much more on a level playing field.

I really don't want to see him getting slept by Bellator part-time hobbyists.

This will be a good movement for sure,Father time in UFC just doesnt work especially with USADA goes hard

It would be a good move for him. Any fan of his knows it is very unlikely he'll ever get the title again. Might as well go get some nice payday over at Bellator while he still can.

Damn.. At this stage I don't know if Lyoto could hang in Bellators LHW or MW division despite having victories over the two champions.

He can KO plenty in Bellator, Chael and Tito for sure.

I'd bet on Bader in the rematch though.

could be interesting. he holds Ws over both bellator's MW and LHW champs. obviously not the same fighter since then but could have some success in the promotion. not many interesting matchups there outside of title fights though

I’m glad Machida got that sick ko in his last contracted fight, obviously a great bargaining chip.

Bellator will pay top $ to snag a legend like him who can still put on great fights and win.

Rory vs Machida
MVP vs Machida
Schlemenko vs Machida
Manhoef vs Machida

Id watch some fun fights even though I cant stand Machidas fighting style. You need dudes that bring it to him.

Rory vs Machida
MVP vs Machida
Schlemenko vs Machida
Manhoef vs Machida

Id watch some fun fights even though I cant stand Machidas fighting style. You need dudes that bring it to him.
Add Mousasi fight there

If he wants to extent his career....this is the way to go.

40 years old in the UFC is not good, but in Bellator since is more of a freak show than a competition it will be a good move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back