John Lineker vs Cody Garbrandt

Combat Sports Fan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Am I crazy for thinking if this fight happens that Lineker KOs Cody viciously? I still think it’s gonna be competitive for the first round and a half but I just see Lineker catching Cody and KOing him.

When Cody beat Almeida this was the match up I was calling for. I saw Lineker KO'ing him stiff back then, but after Cody humiliated Cruz and nearly slept TJ I changed my mind. I think Cody puts on a clinic against a stiff and immobile Lineker.

Lineker has a steel chin, so he may absorb some damage and catch Garbrandt.

With that said, I'd predict a Cody Round 2 or 3 TKO.

With all the contenders at BW I was hoping they'd book cody vs lineker and give someone else a crack. UFC loves them rematches though:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

This is a great match-up. If Cody loses to TJ at UFC 227, that is the fight to make next imo.

This all boils down to that Garbrandt hasnt really engaged the division enough to have answered these questions. Cruz was very special because it involved no threat of a knockdown at all but other qualities and well against TJ he lost. Garbrandt should have 2-3 fights at BW before annother titleshot. Lineker would be a good start.

It could go either way IMO. Lineker could get teed off on, or Garbrandt caught.

Great fight to make.

Cody would pick him apart...but I think if Lineker lands in that chin...it's nyt nyt...

Lineker vs. Rivera

that's the fight to make .. or Rivera vs. Loser of Assuncao vs. Font

That's an interesting matchup, I'd watch. How's Linekars chin since it got broken? Didn't TJ break it?

Back