I think Gus beats DC, Jones, and Stipe

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
True story.

Gus looked better than ever against Glover; he already put Jones in hospital once and most thought he beat him. He also arguably won against DC who is now older and has been slept since fighting Gus. Gus has taken little damage since that fight and is now in the midst of his prime.

Gus is also a bad matchup for Stipe. No way Stipe outwrestles him and Gus is also a slicker, craftier boxer and is far more mobile with better head movement/footwork than Stipe.

Gus will be LHW champ by February 2019.

Already lost to two of them... The third is an even worse match-up... But he is a cool guy to meet in person...

Even if he won, it would take Gus 7 years to fight those three fights.

Bones will probably learn all the PED masking protocols by the time he is cleared in 2021.

He's gonna get KO'd by Stipe and dominated by Jones and DC again. Dude can't close title fights or big matchups.

tenor.gif

I don't think so. I think he missed his window. As he gets older and more injured, his frame is going to do him a disservice. He's going to be a gangly and less athletic version of himself.

The problem with Gus is that he loses just about every big fight he is in. I wonder if its psychological? Asking him to beat DC, Bones, and Stipe? Laughable.

Gus fans are quickly rising to be the most delusional fan base in all of MMA.

Uhh... No. Sorry... Stipe would be a awful fight and he's already lost to the other two. Having a good showing since fighting them doesn't magically make you better than them.

Gus would get cornholed by Stipe. GTFO with this bullshit.

Gus looked really good against Glover, because Glover is not top level anymore.

I am a huge Gus fan, but people too often give fighters so much credit on improvements when they fight subpar fighters (compared to the likes of DC, Stipe, and Jones.)

Back