Over/Under 500k PPV buys:Woodley vs Covington

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Woodley is rumored to return at ufc 228 September 8th, according to Dana. Keep in mind woodley sold over 300k PPVs for ufc 201/209. Colby is a bigger draw than Lawler or Thompson. Plus they have a rivalry going on.

UFC must promote this grudge match right with plenty of racial undertones ala Conor/Floyd (Don’t shoot the messenger, you know this is how it needs to be marketed to sell).

Assuming the main card looks something like this I say over 500k buys, and the highest selling PPV of 2018.

Woodley vs Covington
Usman vs Till
Rockhold vs Gustafsson
(Insert crappy WMMA matchup because unlikely it’s an all male main card)
Weidman vs Branch

Last edited:
Both of them aren't exciting fighters, that's what it boils down too.

Even though I respect Woodley as a person and Colbys hustle, I doubt it will be over

Wish they'd get away from that dinosaur called pay-per-view...

That said..

Bout tree fiddy..

Under.

But I think it could crack 300. Colby has potential to make it a big fight.

under

colby/woodley with an average card does 200k
and would have done the same without the interim belt

Do you get a cut?

The Romero Whittaker card did what, 250k. Just based on that, I doubt it sees over 300k.

Unless McGregor is headlining, it's doing <300K.

Probably around 200k. Average fan still doesn't know much about Colby . Tyron was given the golden ticket to being the fan favorite in this fight. It lasted about 3 days when he started calling Colby a racist. Heel vs heel doesn't sell and neither fighter is very exciting

Easily under

No offense but who buys UFC PPV these days? I mean demographics. It must be mostly young aspiring fighters/martial artists or old guys newer to mma.

I feel like old guys who used to like mma have stopped watching (or maybe that’s just me :\ ) and the casual fans during UFC’s peak (The Rock, Mandy Moore, David Spade era) have moved on.

Hopefully it happens then but I saw a Woodley interview where he's already angling to hold off and try to get on a Conor card.
Weidman and Rockhold probably won't be fighting by then.
Colby's act would have to catch on outside the MMA bubble for a figure like that and I'm not sure that will happen, at least it hasn't yet.

Well after Colbys last PPV success at 250,000 with CM Punk and a big MW fight I think it's safe to say no one cares about Colby at all. He's not a draw.

Back