Ariel made a huge mistake leaving mma fighting for espn.

PabloBassquez

Favela Don
@Green
Reaction score
In the current landscape of media it makes no sense to me why he would leave an established show he created that many more people had acess to for a show on espn+.

Theres no way he will get even close to the viewership he had on the MMA Hour and i feel like chael is completley played out at this point and usually just talks complete nonsense.

Can anyone explain to me what he hopes to gain from this move?

lol

ESPN is less coverage than youtube?

tenor.gif

For starters it’ll look better on his resume to have worked for such a big scale company like ESPN.

Why don’t you think this new ESPN show won’t get as many viewers ?

Probably feels that espn is legitemizing. Also he has the opportunity to cross over to other sports and get alot of exposure. I hate his guts but to be honest Its a good opportunity for him.

It's always been a dream of his. Ariel probably hopes he can move up the ESPN ladder. He is talented, and no matter how many Shertards bash him, nothing will change that.

Last edited:
For starters it’ll look better on his resume to have worked for such a big scale company like ESPN.

Why don’t you think this new ESPN show won’t get as many viewers ?
Because the MMA hour was the most well known and established show in mma and it wasnt behind a paywall

In the current landscape of media it makes no sense to me why he would leave an established show he created that many more people had acess to for a show on espn+.

Theres no way he will get even close to the viewership he had on the MMA Hour and i feel like chael is completley played out at this point and usually just talks complete nonsense.

You got to be joking

hardcore fans will follow MMA anywhere. Regular dudes (and gals) who watch ESPN but aren't necessarily into fights will be exposed to new content and can potentially become new fans. It's all about expansion... closing in on soccer!

Plus I bet Ariel's payday is all the reason he needs.

No im not why does ariel need espn he doesnt he already had the biggest show in mma that he had full creative control of that wont be happening at his new gig

You are being serious?

1. The new version of MMA hour will not be just on ESPN+. The show with Chael is.
2. He is covering MMA for the biggest sports platform there is & part of much larger coverage than MMAFighting could ever be.
3. You are nuts
4. Read #3 again

Last edited:
The irony being he still knows nothing about the actual sport itself.

You are being serious?

1. The MMA hour will not be just on ESPN+. The show with Chael is.
2. He is covering MMA for the biggest sports platform there is & part of much larger coverage than MMAFighting could ever be.
3. You are nuts
4. Read #3 again

1.the mma hour is on mmafighting.com hosted by goat thomas
2.ariel is nothing without newyorkrick

for sure ESPN gave him a good deal.

giphygetting paid.gif

Back