Name one fighter that Stipe has fought that is an elite wrestler like DC?

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's impossible. I think the wrestling is gonna play a huge part in the fight.

Stipe is an NCAA Div 1 wrassler, but there's a big difference between Div 1, and Olympic level wrasslin.

DC by Decision.
tumblr_nj9hys7okC1qahndoo2_500.gif

Hope that you're right bruv.

Not that I dislike Stipe mind you, it's just that DC is one of my favorite fighters.

Having elite wrestling is great and all when you are not KTFO in 2 minutes.

There hasn't been an elite HW wrestler in the top 10 since Cain lost the belt and Brock got busted. I'm sure Stipe will do just fine and most of this fight will be on the feet.

I'd say DC getting wobbled badly in his fight against Rumble (showed a lot of fortitude to come back) and getting badly KO'd Vs. Jones is more of an indicator of how the fight will play out.

Stipe won't crumble like rumble.

There hasn't been an elite HW wrestler in the top 10 since Cain lost the belt and Brock got busted. I'm sure Stipe will do just fine and most of this fight will be on the feet.

I'd say DC getting wobbled badly in his fight against Rumble (showed a lot of fortitude to come back) and getting badly KO'd Vs. Jones is more of an indicator of how the fight will play out.

Stipe won't crumble like rumble.
Blaydes is a elite HW wrestler and he's been in the top 10 for a while. But yeah you're right there haven't been many, one ranked that comes to mind but i'm not sure he was ever top 10 is boring king Rosholt.

Blaydes is a elite HW wrestler and he's been in the top 10 for a while. But yeah you're right there haven't been many, one ranked that comes to mind but i'm not sure he was ever top 10 is boring king Rosholt.

I'm a big Curtis Blaydes fan, but he is not an elite wrestler. There's a big difference between accomplished and elite.

I don't think DC KO's Stipe, his best chance at finishing him is by sub.

Same here. Maybe TKO to cumulative strikes. Stipe's never been subbed either though and DC isn't the best sub artist.

I wanted DC to win, but the more I think about it, he's not got many ways to do it. I see Stipe landing hard and winning by TKO.

Should be a hell of a fight though!

Stipe's got a better chin though. Never gone out and has walked through some crazy shots (from big HWs) in the past.
Man, I thought he was basically out against Struve, or if he wasn't he was seconds from going out.

I'm a big Curtis Blaydes fan, but he is not an elite wrestler. There's a big difference between accomplished and elite.
Highly disagree.
Funny that you mentioned Lesnar because every analyst who follow and understands wrestling that i've seen write about him said pretty much the same thing: he wasn't very technical, he always relied on his athleticism and size advantages on his wrestling days, and these are attributes that Blaydes also has, but different from Lesnar, Blaydes is probably clean. Blaydes is just a naturally bigger guy and he's probably more talented and more technical than Lesnar ever was. As far as wrestling in MMA goes, Blaydes is a elite wrestler, definitely.

As much as I love DC, I'm not putting too much stock on credentials when it comes to mma wrestling. We've seen on way too many occasions in the past that if a guy is a decorated wrestler, it doesn't automatically make him a world beater. We have seen some NCAA champions and Olympic level wrestlers being stuffed and taken down by far lesser decorated wrestlers.

GSP made a career of it, Aldo made a career of it, Jones was able to stifle DC using leverage and length to his fullest.

This is why this fight is intriguing. I hate that one of these dudes has to lose.

Stipe is an NCAA Div 1 wrassler, but there's a big difference between Div 1, and Olympic level wrasslin.

DC by Decision.
You're not wrong... but think of the guys that D.C. was not able to implement his wrestling on....

Gus, Mir, Nelson.... hell, even Jones..

Will Stipe be more susceptible to the wrestling attack than those guys? I doubt it

DC by Decision.
On paper DC was twice the wrestler as Jon Jones also and it didn't work out too well for him. I like DC and don't think he gets near the hespect he deserves but I think he's gonna get KTFO.

Back