Michael Ping on Wonderboy Banning Kicks to Knee: This Is MMA, Go Back to Karate

So how many top 10 Welterweights is Bisping beefing with

Colby
Masvidal
Thompson

Bisping, is on the money here. May as well ban heel hooks too.

Thompson sounds like a whiner.

I'm sympathetic to Wonderboy to an extent, but I don't see why his opponent shouldn't be allowed to use a technique that inhibits Thompson's ability to dart in and out. His lead leg is way out there too. The bottom line is that I don't like the idea of certain styles being more effective only because some obvious counters are illegal.

I'm sympathetic to Wonderboy to an extent, but I don't see why his opponent shouldn't be allowed to use a technique that inhibits Thompson's ability to dart in and out. His lead leg is way out there too. The bottom line is that I don't like the idea of certain styles being effective only because some obvious counters are illegal.

Not trolling here.

Are you then in favor of knees to the heads of downed opponents, such as a wrestler who failed a takedown ?

Ban knees to the head. They can give you a goats vagina.

It's a slimy technique. Should be banned. Bisping is just biased because Till is his fellow countryman.

You think Wonderboy doesn't know how to use that dirty kick?
Maybe you're just blind!
Michael-Bisping-Detached-Retina-Oct-20131.jpg

Not trolling here.

Are you then in favor of knees to the heads of downed opponents, such as a wrestler who failed a takedown ?
I am. It would keep boring fighters from spamming takedown attempts for 15 minutes.

Why did you spell Michael all the way out but shortened Bisping to Ping?

If rules are rules then why was Micheal Bisping complaining about Vitor Belfort being on TRT and kicking his eye out.

I am. It would keep boring fighters from spamming takedown attempts for 15 minutes.

I am too. I see a lot of sloppy and/or desperate takedowns that would never be attempted knowing a potential knee induced ko/concussion could result.

I understand banning soccer kicks to the head and headstomps for fighter safety reasons, someone would eventually get killed lol.

Not trolling here.

It's cool, man. Your question is fair. I've thought about that one too as I remember people bringing it up in the context of GSP and how many more fights he might have finished if that was allowed. I think it comes down to something Bisping touches on in the video when he talks about soccer kicks, that being whether or not a move is violent enough that it potentially hurts the sport's popularity.

Obviously there does have to be a line that is drawn somewhere. Personally, that line doesn't exclude oblique kicks. I want to say that I'd be okay with knees to a downed opponent's head, but I'd defer to people who actually have experience fighting. I guess it boils down to how much more dangerous they are than really good shots from mount.

I am too. I see a lot of sloppy and/or desperate takedowns that would never be attempted knowing a potential knee induced ko/concussion could result.

I understand banning soccer kicks to the head and headstomps for fighter safety reasons, someone would eventually get killed lol.
I'm against strikes to the knee but I am for soccer kicks and headstomps.

Last edited:
I'm a Romero hater and a Weidman fan, but when Chris took that knee to the head after one too many single leg attempts in their fight it felt pretty poetic.

Bispoing just defending a fellow scolly.

Every post I make takes me to a blank page. Why?

Not trolling here.

You bring up a good point. We have to draw the line somewhere, but where? I go back and forth on the knees to the head. I hate seeing a guy resting turtled up head to head with someone on the ground who can't knee him, but then I also remember those old Randleman flying knees on the ground in Pride.

Those side and oblique kicks to the knee suck, but if you don't get lazy or gas you shoudn't be especially vulnerable to them.

Not trolling here.

Ban elbows and bring in soccor kicks and knees to the head of a downed opponent.

Back