How did Nelson lose to Derrick Lewis

GrapeJuiceMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When you see Nelson in his hayday, you've seen him EASILY KOing big guys such as Mitriome, Shuab, KONGO!
So why couldnt he land that perfect shot as he always does on Lewis? Lewis is much slower than Kongo.

I feel as though the Nelson who KO'D Kongo and the rest of them all would destroy Derrick.

Is it due to USADA?

....he found out you were a fan of his. Ruined his career.

Kinda like this:

When you see Nelson in his hayday, you've seen him EASILY KOing big guys such as Mitriome, Shuab, KONGO!
So why couldnt he land that perfect shot as he always does on Lewis? Lewis is much slower than Kongo.

I feel as though the Nelson who KO'D Kongo and the rest of them all would destroy Derrick.

Is it due to USADA?

His biggest strength was always his chin, and he got tired of testing it.

Having said that....

roynelsonlosesatooth.jpg

His biggest strength was always his chin, and he got tired of testing it.

Having said that....

roynelsonlosesatooth.jpg

But he KO'd big ass Kongo and etc. Why couldnt he do that to Derrick. To me he wasn't aggressive at all in this fight

same reason Arlovski lost to Bret Rogers

he's wild enough to be unpredictable yet skilled enough to hurt you
plus he's strong as an ox

a tough fight for anyone and I wouldn't count him out against Ngannou either

Too much power from Lewis turned him into a panic wrestler

But he KO'd big ass Kongo and etc. Why couldnt he do that to Derrick. To me he wasn't aggressive at all in this fight

...because he'd lost a step by the time that he fought Lewis and wasn't quick enough to land the big right.

He did nothing but grapplefuck Lewis in that fight. Beast landed the only real offense.

You keep referring to Kongo as some huge heavyweight. He wasn't big for the division, 240lbs, but very long. Lewis on the other hand, likely cuts to make weight, has far more power in his striking and is significantly younger than both Nelson and Kongo.

All he’s got is one shot and if he can’t find his one shot he’s not going to find anything. It’s alot harder to set up you’re one shot if you can feint with other shit.

As usual, timing is a big part of all this.Nelson on other side of career and b.beast was ripe to get a win like this in a very close fight.
B.Beast hasn't learned his lesson with pre fight banter..... and his first lesson was taught by Mitrione. I'm going to make a rather repulsive prediction and it's this:. Francis Ngannou is going to hit beast so hard in mid section that he will crumple to canvas via self fecal explosion.Roggie and company better cover up cause could be one for the ages.

Last edited:
All he’s got is one shot and if he can’t find his one shot he’s not going to find anything. It’s alot harder to set up your one shot if you cant feint with other shit, or at least if they aren’t threatened by the feints.

He tried to wrestle -- and got stuffed.

Nelson's striking-strategy was always to herd his opponent to the fence and then KO them with an overhand as they attempted to circle out or were pinned (just as he did vs Kongo and Nog). Derrick is such a forceful and aggressive fighter that that just wasn't going to happen, depriving Nelson of his key position to get the KO-blow.

Last edited:
sometimes you just don't land that big shot, especially when everyone knows it's like your only punch lol. roy also has like no fight IQ.

roy's also been around a long time, he's not exactly in his prime.

The Lewis fight was 7 fights and over 3 years after the Kongo fight.

I remember feeling like Nelson won a close ugly fight via L'n'P. 5 out of 17 media scored it for Nelson, and so did one judge (but it's Adalaide Byrd...). I'm not mad about the decision, but it wasn't exactly Lewis' most decisive win.

Back