If Rumble comes back at Heavyweight, how would he fare against the top 10?

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Current top 10 UFC HW rankings:
C: Stipe Miocic
#1: Francis Ngannou
#2: Curtis Blaydes
#3: Alexander Volkov
#4: Alistair Overeem
#5: Derrick Lewis
#6: Mark Hunt
#7: Junior dos Santos
#8: Marcin Tybura
#9: Tai Tuivasa
#10: Aleksei Oleinik

Assuming he's in the shape he was when he was fighting full-time, I would favour him over anyone not named Stipe, who I imagine would survive Rumble's early storm and grind him out. He's a better striker than anyone on that list and has some of the best takedown defense in MMA, especially when he's fresh. I also believe he'd be able to wrestlefuck Ngannou and Volkov comfortably should he choose to mix in a few takedowns. Blaydes has the best chance of beating him out of the contenders because of his great chin and excellent wrestling.

Edit: Sorry Lil Nog, but it wouldn't be a Rumble thread without this glorious GIF....

Inb4 someone says Rumble is too small for HW

Last edited:
He would be in top 3 immediately. HW is shit.

Andrei Arlovski knows.

Beats all except for Stipe and Blaydes. He prolly has a better chance of beating Stipe due to stylistic match up

Andrei Arlovski knows.
Honestly he didn't look that great in that fight, but I think that's because his body wasn't used to carrying around 230+ lbs of muscle (figuratively), as that fight took place only shortly after he'd been fighting at 170/185.

2016 Rumble sleeps Arlovski within 2 minutes.

Not sure about Volkov, Blaydes, Ngannou or Stipe

But Rumble KOs 4-10 no questions asked

I wasn't impressed by him when he fought Arlovski

Miocic, Blaydes and Cain would comfortably beat him. I'd give Rumble a slight edge against Ngannou and Volkov because of wrestling and his strong chin. The rest he would comfortably KO.

Blaydes is a terrible fight for him, definitely favor Curtis. Cain on paper can do it, but can't be sure of his situation. Against Stipe its 50/50 for me, maybe leaning Rumble actually.

Ngannou is just a crazy fight.

Arlovski is not even in the top 11, and Rumble is one of the few guys who beat him but didn't finish him (when Arlovski was younger and better than he is now). If anything, it shows Rumble's power did not translate to HW as well.

Arlovski is not even in the top 11, and Rumble is one of the few guys who beat him but didn't finish him (when Arlovski was younger and better than he is now). If anything, it shows Rumble's power did not translate to HW as well.
I mean, he came damn close, right? Was a miracle that Andrei survived.

Well he's always had dreadful cardio and has been doing nothing other than bodybuild for months, so probably not very well.

Honestly he didn't look that great in that fight, but I think that's because his body wasn't used to carrying around 230+ lbs of muscle (figuratively), as that fight took place only shortly after he'd been fighting at 170/185.

2018 murders him. Not sure if you've seen him lately but I don't think he can even make 205 anymore.

Well he's always had dreadful cardio and has been doing nothing other than bodybuild for months, so probably not very well.
Right.....because UFC Heavyweights are known for their fantastic cardio, eh buddeh?

<DirkMavs>

Rumble is nowhere near as good as Sherdog seems to think he is, but HW is really bad so he might have some success.

I think rumble becomes champ. He would demolish stipe, maybe struggle with blaydes

He beats all non-wrestlers. Blaydes, Cain, Stipe, DC (obviously) get him.

Maybe. I thought that Tai (?) guy was going to do the same.

Only DC if he wins, Stipe an Blades win he beats everyone else ....... Rumble n Ngannou wpuld be amazing.

Anyone who fights with pressure makes Rumble his bitch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back