Why Wasn't the First Round of Conor vs. Nate 2 a 10-8?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm surprised that this fight was so closely scored considering Conor won three rounds clearly and the margin by which he won the first round. Conor scored three knockdowns in the first five minutes, how does that not warrant a 10-8? Couple that with Conor winning the second and fourth rounds as well and he should have won a clear UD. People were saying that the fifth round of Romero vs. Whittaker 2 should have been a 10-8 because of one knockdown, why does no one talk about this fight?

Because it wasn't a 10-8 round....

giphy.gif

I remember Conor getting I knock down in the first, and 2 in the second.

Either way....easy fight to score. 3-2 Conor no doubt about it.

Conor destroyed Nate in Rounds 1 and 2. Literally schooled him. He slowed down in 3 and 4 but even those rounds he took very lite damage deflecting most shots from Nate. Then won round 4 easily. I know it's hard to judge that fight because whenever Nate was punching Conor on the fence while Conor shoulder rolling most shots, Joe Rogan was having his usual retarded melt down saying Shit like " OMG Conors in trouble!!! He's hurt" as Conor walk out that fight with not bump
on him.

Last edited:
I thought the fight was an extremely obvious 48-47 in Conor's favor. Lame that it was controversial.

Because it wasn't a 10-8 round....

giphy.gif

The round where conor got 2 knock downs was most certainly a 10-8 round...if that was in boxing, it would have been a 10-7 round...if scored now, it would most certainly be a 10-8 round...even back then, it should have been.

Conor destroyed Nate in Rounds 1 and 2. Literally schooled him. He slowed down in 3 and 4 but even those rounds he took very lite damage deflecting most shots from Nate. Then won round 5 easily.

No pal. Conor won the 4th and lost the 5th

People hate Connor so they were doing everything they can to pretend it was a close fight.

The round where conor got 2 knock downs was most certainly a 10-8 round...if that was in boxing, it would have been a 10-7 round...if scored now, it would most certainly be a 10-8 round...even back then, it should have been.

If scored now it should be a 10-8, no guarantees. Judges still seem to require a near-death experience for a 10-8

Scoring was different back then, they were hesitant to give 10-8 rounds out.

book the third fight, I wanna see it now

it was 1 knockdown in the first, 2 in the second.

it's cute that people hate conor so much that they think he lost though, and fans definitely got swayed by rogan screaming over nate's arm punch flurries, more than half of which were block or rolled with.

fight was easy as fuck to call, 3-2 conor. ( 1-2-4 ) and if anyone deserved a 10-8 round it was conor in 1 or 2. whoever scored that for nate needs to stop watching, or stop letting their hate for conor blind them.

Last edited:
Conor destroyed Nate in Rounds 1 and 2. Literally schooled him. He slowed down in 3 and 4 but even those rounds he took very lite damage deflecting most shots from Nate. Then won round 4 easily. I know it's hard to judge that fight because whenever Nate was punching Conor on the fence while Conor shoulder rolling most shots, Joe Rogan was having his usual retarded melt down saying Shit like " OMG Conors in trouble!!! He's hurt" as Conor walk out that fight with not bump
on him.
Not one bump on him? I thought Conor won too but brah.....he couldn't even walk on his own two legs after the fight.

I thought the fight was an extremely obvious 48-47 in Conor's favor. Lame that it was controversial.

Diaz fans bro. Neither brother has ever lost a fight to them

Even the Thompson KO doesn't count, he cheated by kicking and using footwork or something

Conor won a clear 3-2.
Nate was dumb to let round 4 go to him.

However, the knockdowns didn't made the rounds 10-8.
Nate lost balance but was aware and already pulling guard - wasn't, at any time, truly hurt or in danger.
Also, he managed to get back into the fight mid round 2

I love “scoring was different back then”.

No, the rules were different. There were 10-8 rounds since they first had judges. They just recently emphasized them in the rules.

If u lit someone up with leg kicks and body shots, then dropped them 3 times at UFC 50, u were probably getting a 10-8.

But if u can’t expect the UFC’s announcer to even read a majority decision right, u can’t expect the athletics commission’s judges to know what the fuck they’re looking at.

Back