Who has the most interesting striking

FrontNakedChoke

Reaction score
to watch?

For me:

TJ Dillashaw

TJ has such an interesting style. Constantly switching stances, dangerous and capable from everywhere. Great kicks and punches. Awesome traps and misdirection. Always moving in different ways, but isn't afraid to engage in the pocket. In my opinion he's the most interesting striker to watch.

A few examples:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

PaleAbleChimpanzee.gif

NimbleShimmeringGharial.gif

giphy.gif

tj1772.gif

tumblr_ns3f6zPNxq1uymb4eo3_400.gif

_Zhitq.gif

I really find OSP's striking fascinating to watch. It's technically a little sloppy, but still really interesting.

I'd add Edgar. One of the few fighters who can actually adapt his combos without exiting the pocket.

Killashaw’s def on my list too

Not the most technical but Gay-chee is up there, Gus has good technique and legit power when he sits on his punches.

Old school Overeem, Wand, Shogun, Andy for honorary mentions

Gokhan Saki has an interesting striking style; crisp, powerful, solid combinations, precise and fast hands especially for a (L)HW.

0000.gif

HollowAdorableFreshwatereel-size_restricted.gif

EYPbVq.gif

2hs6pf5.jpg

34s1015.jpg

Agreed on dillashaw. Just his overall game is so fluid and aesthetically pleasing to watch.

His level changes from striking into double leg takedowns are some of the best I’ve ever seen

Cindy Dandois- I can't take my eyes off it, much like a car wreck.

Agree with you TS. TJ has the most inovative style. I know some people will say he copied Cruz but really their styles are so different. I'm sure it's possible it inspired him but his TJ's style is unique in the UFC.

Also very unusual to see a talented striker in MMA who is so aggressive at times, he does take alot of risks and goes into exchanges against elite MMA strikers regularly.

Back