Fighters who you like that aren't/weren't very good

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Cmooon. We all have one.

For me.....I always was a fan of "Big Sexy" Sean McCorkle

Artem. He just exudes so much confidence it almost makes you believe he could be better than his below average self.

Artem. He just exudes so much confidence it almost makes you believe he could be better than his below average self.
He has sorta grown on me. Like he is so bad....but in a good way lol

Super Sage.

Had high hopes for him. Always root for the good guys.

Matt Brown

Wait... what doesn't count as very good? never touched the belt? never had a title shot?

Let me add Dollaway and Jardine in there.

Joe Riggs, Sean McCorkle, Ishii, Minowaman, James Thompson, Butterbean, Tank Abbott, Bob Sapp, Brandon Lee Hinkle, Kimbo and of course, Mike " The Truth " Jackson

Say what you want about Artem but he is definitely a very tough guy....He took a beating against Swanson and still made it to the final bell, and being McGregor's training partner for as long as he has sure as hell isn't easy on the body...

And people can say what they want about CM Punk but I have a soft spot for the guy...I admire anyone who's willing to go after their dreams and not give up on themselves. I might get heat for that but I don't really give a shit.

Was always a fan of journeyman Tony Lopez and former Strikeforce fighter Conor Huen. Conor was good on the mat but was always fighting hurt and Lopez is the classic journeyman who takes any and all fights every few weeks.

Joe Riggs, Sean McCorkle, Ishii, Minowaman, James Thompson, Butterbean, Tank Abbott, Bob Sapp, Brandon Lee Hinkle, Kimbo and of course, Mike " The Truth " Jackson
Thompson is a good shoutout.

The Kimbo fight was fun stuff

I enjoyed the random Roger Bowling/Bobby Voelker 3 fight series in Strikeforce

I will forever love the Ashikan Judan (10th Dan of leglocks) Masakazu Imanari (notable win over over young Mike brown by tearing his kneecap). Had some championships in his day in lower promotions but we all know he would not be able to succeed at the highest levels

Last edited:
Joe Lauzon. Man, I hope he retires I can't stand watching him take any more beatings

Ross Pearson Mike Perry off the top of my head...

Back