Share your unpopular MMA opinions

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok I'll start with mine, and the first one especially is a risky one.

- When both of their careers are over, Leon Edwards will be the more accomplished fighter than Darren Till, despite being older and currently not nearly as highly ranked or touted as a prospect
- Rumble would've slept Cormier in their rematch had he not elected to wrestle
- UFC 100 Lesnar wipes the floor with the 3 Heavyweight Kings of PRIDE
- Prime TRT Hendo should be favoured over any version of Fedor

My one unpopular opinion:

Joe Riggs in his prime was the best boxer in MMA. He had the most traditional boxing stance, the quickest hands, the soundest defense when he was in his prime and before his health issues/injuries became a burden.

- When both of their careers are over, Leon Edwards will be the more accomplished fighter than Darren Till, despite being older and currently not nearly as highly ranked or touted as a prospect
Your comment on Leon Edwards is a prediction, rather than an opinion. An interesting one, I'll give you that.

No idea if it's unpopular or not, but I'd like to see more (any?) tournaments. Not in one night and it doesn't even have to be straight round robin. I would just like to see a little structure. Rankings are a bit too subjective for my taste.

Unpopular opinion: always put salt in your eye.

better hide the 3rd one in your subconscience...

Yoel Romero won the second fight against Whittaker.

Another one; Athletic commissions are corrupt.

Bisping beat Hammil, stole round 2 and took round 3.

Pride had a lot of fugazi shit going on and should be viewed as such and the techno entrances were bullshit

Hendo gets a constant free pass. But he is the OG Trt cheater.

HW is a massively underrated divisionand has quietly became a pretty exciting division. There are contenders popping up everywhere to get in line for Stipe. I'd love to see Stipe defend against all of these guys

Curtis Blaydes
Black Beast
Ngannou is still a dangerous contender, and would still be a massive task for Stipe to outlast him again.
Alexander Volkov
Tai Tuivasa (perhaps not right now, but he looks pretty good for 25 years old so far)

Mma striking for the most part sucks.

I mean...I like watching it...

But 95% of it is shitty arm punches, or overhands where a guy looks at the floor and just kinda throws it...

almost all these guy would get killed in kickboxing/muy thai or boxing

The sport hasn't evolved much at the top in the last 15 years. The bottom and mid tier fighters are better due to the increase in popularity and number of gyms. The top guys aren't that much better now than then.

Conor KOs prime PEDs Anderson Silva.

You did say unpopular right

giphy.gif

Mcgregor is really nothing special, jones gets wrecked by most ranked hw if he ever moves up, werdum is low key one of the goats

Oh shit let's see. GSP probably is GOAT due to cheating from other candidates. Its otherwise anderson and its not too close for me. DC vs Stipe should be considered the biggest fight since fedor -cro cop or gsp-penn 2 but you guys are hoes. Gegard would give basically anyone ever trouble in a fight. Bader is the best 205er on earth now that DC aint coming back. The least likely decision to yoel vs bobby 2 was a yoel win, but it was a clear draw so who cares. I could go on for days. I think all kinds of crazy shit.

Cain was never *THAT* good.

He was a great fighter, sure, but he shouldn't be in the HW GOAT debates by any means.
He beat like 6 good fighters in his entire career. Also, his Mexico-city excuse is pathetic.
In my opinion, the best Werdum finishes the best Cain at least 4 of 5 fights. Werdum game is perfect to counter Cain's.
Current Stipe, prime Fedor, prime Nog would beat him too.

I love Dana.

Raging Al isnt a martyr. He only cares about himself and is an entitled millenial.

I wish the UFC would close down Flyweight and a couple WMMA divisions.

I like Jon Anik.

Colby is charismatic and smarter than people give him credit for.

Back