With Ariel gone, no more MMA Hour and MMA Beat?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
I figured they would have a new host for both shows. I guess not. Too bad.

I'm not sure if they understand how big of a blow this is for mma. Ariel will have a monday show on espn but we won't get it for free anymore online, this will hurt the hardcore fans of the sport for sure.

MMA Hour and MMA Beat will re-launch later this year apparently.

Ariel will have a Monday podcast starting on 6/25 which will be the same length as MMA Hour and a Wednesday podcast with Chael starting this Wedneday.

what's going to happen now?

see above, mr refresh.

Feel bad for MMAFighting.com. Their two most popular shows have been taken down, and Ariel's weigh-in videos were real popular too.

MMA Hour and MMA Beat will re-launch later this year apparently.

Ariel will have a Monday podcast starting on 6/25 which will be the same length as MMA Hour and a Wednesday podcast with Chael starting this Wedneday.
I hope that Wednesday one isn't replacing Chael's normal podcast.

Has this been confirmed.. I think not.

They have probably had 4-6 months now to be prepared.. SB Nation.

Feel bad for MMAFighting.com. Their two most popular shows have been taken down, and Ariel's weigh-in videos were real popular too.
I don't it's not like this happened over night. They knew way before they even told the public. I'm sure mma fighting out of respect to Ariel are prolly not gonna facilitate his transfer as nicely as possible. Seemed like he basically was mmafighting.

I feel like Ariel and some of the other guys on MMA Fighting have been implying that the MMA Hour will be relaunched with a new host. The easy guess would be Luke Thomas, but he already has a Sirius radio show....surely he makes more from Sirius than MMA Fighting.

I feel like Ariel and some of the other guys on MMA Fighting have been implying that the MMA Hour will be relaunched with a new host. The easy guess would be Luke Thomas, but he already has a Sirius radio show....surely he makes more from Sirius than MMA Fighting.

I have my doubts it will be Luke. There are a lot of fighters that don't like him and I doubt he'll be able to get many guys on.

If Ariel is gonna keep his Monday show, mmafighting.com should just drop the MMA Hour and do a weekly MMA Beat with the current cast.

Time for Sherdog to take over!!!

I never really liked the convoluted format of the mma hour Too dense with all the sections. The interviews sometimes felt like speed dating.

Ariel said he's going to do a similar show on Espn... so nothing has changed but the name of the show & the company behind the man... yeah?

what's the problem?

I was hoping ESPN would make Ariel shorten the show, four + hours was a bit much to say the least.

Back