Al Iaquinta says he refuses to weigh-in the afternoon: “Dana White has no power over me."

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/al-iaquinta-dana-white-has-no-power/

“You cut me, I’m not crying and coming back,” Iaquinta said. “Dana White has no power over me. That guy has zero power over me.

“I’ve got to keep fighting inside the cage and out. The UFC needs a person like me, because I love this sport and Dana — I don’t know if he loves this anymore. I think he’s just addicted to the spotlight and making it all about him.

“The more Dana White gets in front of a mic, the stronger we get. The more he opens his mouth, the more [Project Spearhead] forms we fill out. The fighters have gotten a taste of what it feels like to get a full, almost 36 hours of time to rehydrate. I’ve reached out to more than enough people to know that if he moves that, it will the last straw that does him in.

<LikeReally5>

Come on son... i think you are pushing a little too hard now

He will soon find out he's just a pawn and will be weighing in in the afternoon like everyone else.

He's an employee. Nice try though.

He will soon find out he's just a pawn and will be weighing in in the afternoon like everyone else.

but i think Al's point is that he doesnt need MMA to feed himself, unlike a lot of fighters in MMA. I even heard Carla had to sell her bike for 10 grand to pay her rent.

but i think Al's point is that he doesnt need MMA to feed himself, unlike a lot of fighters in MMA. I even heard Carla had to sell her bike for 10 grand to pay her rent.
Yeah I think he is someone they would let walk away though, I really do.. there not gunna make exceptions for Al Iaquinta

UFC fighters have been begging for employee status for a while now. They are independent contractors with all the non guarenteed benefits they want.

Ragin' Al is the fighter we need but not the one we deserve........

Sounds like Al is daring the UFC to cut him. He probably knows Bellator would pay someone like him better.

iaquinta is really fucking annoying. it's like he never grew up

87be140a9b121d8e030346d05ffd4203.gif

Iaquinta has been trying to get cut for a long time, but Dana isn't gonna do it just to keep making him mad

Where's the Babysitter to the Stars to babysit the selfdestructive fighters?

Viva la resistance!

<<I don’t know if he loves this anymore. I think he’s just addicted to the spotlight and making it all about him.>>
I totally agree with Raging Al.

Dana is half way through a 5 year contact worth about half a $ billion ($360 million + 9% profit shares)

I don't think he loves it anymore either, but that's probably what's keeping him around

Back