How Many Missed Weights Are Fighters Allowed.

msm1981

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Trying not to sound stupid but how many missed weights are
fighters allowed before Mick Maynard & Sean Shelby start
booking them weight classes up since I know Yoel Romero
has 2 missed weights in a row and John Lineker had 4 before
he got sent back to Bantamweight.

As many as it takes.

3 should get you banned from division.

UFC either need to have weight class at every 10 pounds -or- go back to 5 weight classes.

plus, a true martial artist should beat any human, whether fat, skinny, supertall.

It depends on if the UFC likes you. Dern has missed weight in 3 of her 7 pro fights. Nearly half! But she's not being forced to move up as far as I know.

Hope I'm wrong about that one though.

depends on the fighter and the love they get from the ufc owners

like everything in the UFC it's largely random, depends on how Dana is feeling that day

No hard and fast rules really..

Look to Rumble, Hendricks and Gastelum for prolly the best examples.

Depends on how much money you make for the company. Connor could come in 10 lbs overweight for 10 fights in a row and UFC brass would "act" mad about it, but not do shit.

Zero. I don't think the UFC has an official policy which "allows" a certain number. They probably evaluate on a case by case basis. Making weight is part of the job and if you are a professional then ideally you will never miss it. But sometimes bad things happen. I'm sure the UFC looks to see if there is a pattern of behavior and whether or not you are clearly engaged in bad habits that make a miss more likely. Then, depending on the circumstances, they will either advise or require you to go to a different weightclass.

Back