Mighty Mouse is just plain scared.

DanAndroid

What Would Jon Do?
@Brown
Reaction score
I love Mighty Mouse, I have seen every single one of his fights since Pickett. DJ is an amazing fighter who has a hall of fame career already. At this point though I am starting to lose interest in him because of his fear of TJ.

Let's remember that mighty mouse ran away from the 135 division(where he only had one loss in the UFC). He fought someone with more skill than him in Cruz and then fled the entire division. Now here we are 13 cans later, and he has the opportunity to cement himself as one of the greatest by beating the bantamweight champion (at 125 lbs) but he refuses because he is scared. DJ "couldn't" fight TJ and now suddenly he is on the same card.

Instead of the biggest fight of his career he decided to take the safe option and defend his belt against a former foe whose record since the first time they fought is 2-1. A former foe in Henry Cejudo that he already beat by TKO in the first round. Mighty Mouse is outright scared of TJ, or more so the fact that if he loses to TJ his entire storybook career that has been artificially built around him will come crashing down.

How about we finally end the shenanigans and we finally see MM fight TJ for the 135 belt?

Or the UFC just cough up $2 million to MM like he's been asking for the entire time

Dana needs to book the fight and threaten fire him if he doesn’t take it

I love Mighty Mouse, I have seen every single one of his fights since Pickett. DJ is an amazing fighter who has a hall of fame career already. At this point though I am starting to lose interest in him because of his fear of TJ.

Let's remember that mighty mouse ran away from the 135 division(where he only had one loss in the UFC). He fought someone with more skill than him in Cruz and then fled the entire division. Now here we are 13 cans later, and he has the opportunity to cement himself as one of the greatest by beating the bantamweight champion (at 125 lbs) but he refuses because he is scared. DJ "couldn't" fight TJ and now suddenly he is on the same card.

Instead of the biggest fight of his career he decided to take the safe option and defend his belt against a former foe whose record since the first time they fought is 2-1. A former foe in Henry Cejudo that he already beat by TKO in the first round. Mighty Mouse is outright scared of TJ, or more so the fact that if he loses to TJ his entire storybook career that has been artificially built around him will come crashing down.

13 cans that would annihilate you in about 4 seconds.

He's scared of TJ, but fought Dom. And half of his career at 135. Right.

How about the UFC pays MM what he is asking for, for that fight? They have enough to shell out 500k to CM punk, 800k to Alistair, 500k to Mark Hunt. Give MM his 1mm he's asked for. Doesn't seem that difficult.

Perhaps he's scared, perhaps he's comfortable in his division.

It's not like he dropped down to beat smaller guys. He IS a smaller guy, even in his current division.

tenor.gif

The belt is all DJ has going for him self, no one cares about him and his division he loses the belt thats the end of his career i know tj is a big money but he can keep fighting if he has the belt. He'll most likely fight pettis next.

He reminds of the Madden online players who avoids playing people with good records and exits the match up screen.

disclaimer - i havent played madden in about 8 years so i dont know how online head to head still works.

Not a DJ or Flyweight fan but I get where he is coming from.

TJ has never made Flyweight, Can he make it? Also, he has never won a fight at Flyweight. Why does he get a title shot?

DJ is all about legacy and in his mind, he wants to make history. He wants to have far and away the most title defenses and if TJ doesn't make weight, it's not a defense. Also, he has a problem with him not earning a title shot. He ever said he would give TJ a shot no problem if he went down to Flyweight, proved he could make the weight and win a #1 contender fight.

I'm on DJ's side on this one. TJ needs to prove it and earn it.

How about we finally end the shenanigans and we finally see MM fight TJ for the 135 belt?

Or the UFC just cough up $2 million to MM like he's been asking for the entire time
I think DJ gets paid enough for what he earns the UFC. He's likely overly paid for how much of a draw he is just because he's do dominant.

My guess is MM doesn't think the TJ fight would actually be a draw and he wouldn't get paid much more for a much higher risk. He likely agrees to the fight but only for a higher guaranteed purse

In my opinion the UFC just needs to make the fight and if Johnson refuses then strip him of the belt. Champions should not be able to pick and choose who they fight. They are supposed to be the best in their division. So what if the challenger is dropping down in weight and its not up to the champion on weather they earned the shot or not. Just fight the fights that are made for you. It's the UFC belt not the mighty mouse belt. Just my opinion.

Perhaps he's scared, perhaps he's comfortable in his division.

It's not like he dropped down to beat smaller guys. He IS a smaller guy, even in his current division.

he's a fuckin midget for 125. My little brother met him at some game convention in LA a few months ago, he's smaller than my brother and my brother is a skinny manlet (or manlet jr, whatever best describes a smaller than a manlet kind of person)

oh look, another Shertard claiming DJ is scared and his opponents are all cans.

*yawn*

In my opinion the UFC just needs to make the fight and if Johnson refuses then strip him of the belt. Champions should not be able to pick and choose who they fight. They are supposed to be the best in their division. So what if the challenger is dropping down in weight and its not up to the champion on weather they earned the shot or not. Just fight the fights that are made for you. It's the UFC belt not the mighty mouse belt. Just my opinion.
Agreed. If UFC took Conor off 200 and stripped him multiple times, and after he made them substantially more than any fighter in history and took on multiple short notice replacements, then they can strip MM, who is PPV repellent and seeks out easy fights.

My guess is MM doesn't think the TJ fight would actually be a draw and he wouldn't get paid much more for a much higher risk. He likely agrees to the fight but only for a higher guaranteed purse

Because his previous fights were selling ppv?

It's just sad. He openly took an easier opponent to break the record, which kills the whole spirit of that title defence record.

Then he got it... and he's still ducking?

I wonder if Dana just got fed up with him and put him on the same card as TJ in a boring rematch just to embarrass him.

We had the potential to FINALLY see Mighty Mouse in a real fight and he turned it down. Sad!

Guarantee him his show money. I don’t know why people care that he wants more money unless they own part of the promotion.

Back