Who do you think will dethrone Max Holloway? and how long will he remain as the champion?

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion, no current featherweights can beat Max Holloway. but i do think Brian Ortega got the best chance

If Ortega can't beat Max then I see him defending multiple times. It may take a LW moving down to beat him.

Hard to say. So far, Max looks like he fights smart and not really put in trouble. Right now, if he does lose, I'd guess it's via flukish on the button KO from trading in the pocket.

I'd favor Holloway over Ortega, Edgar, and Stephens. So, I think he'll still be champ come this time 2019. He'll be around for a while.

ortega beats him next month.

I believe Conor will be the one to end his winning streak, but that'll happen at Lightweight. IMO Conor and Max will fight over the LW Championship after McGregor beats Khabib and Holloway beats Ortega.

As far as the Featherweights are concerned, I believe Edgar will probably be the one to take his strap away from him. MMA is like Rock, Paper, Scissors a lot of the time and Aldo beating Edgar twice, Holloway beating Aldo twice and then Frankie being the one to then beat Holloway seems like another example of that.

Anyone give Chad Mendes a shot?
Actually... style wise, Mendes would be an interesting fight. The thing I don't like about Mendes is, he got KOed twice in a row - versus McGregor (understandable) and Edgar (less understandable). I'd have concern about his chin nowadays.

The real question is, how long can Max stay at FW. He's massive for the division, and he'll soon enter his late 20's when the body tends to fill out more.

FW is stacked with young talent. If Max stays in the division for awhile, he's got some real tough tests ahead of him in Ortega, Zabit, Moicano, Bektic, and others. I think Max can certainly beat all of them, but I also wouldn't be overly surprised if Ortega beat him next month.

Honestly can't name a FW that can, I do hope though that max chooses to challenge himself and move to LW

Anyone give Chad Mendes a shot?

Came to say this. If Chad can string up a couple of wins in his comeback and get a TS I think he is a very tough matchup for Holloway.

It will be interesting to see how post USADA Mendes will look like. I’m a big fan of him.

005_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_and_Max_Holloway.1522883839.jpg
Max starves himself to make 145 but with his style not sure if a move up to 155 would be a good idea

like to see it though

Last edited:
ortega is gonna get worked on the feet and lose a lopsided fight, imo. people will realise he's still got more shit to improve on then they think.

aldo made both fights competitive until he gassed, max's size and pace was just too much and a bad matchup for him.

a slick striker on the rise will be the one to beat him

In my opinion, no current featherweights can beat Max Holloway. but i do think Brian Ortega got the best chance

my opition is msx might not lose but have to finally go up to 155 for good since he talked about it getting harder to make the cut as he getting older.

I really think max would of wanted a conor rematch (who wouldn't haha) the idea of a champs fight would been cool but we know that wont happen cause conor is retired.

No one really stands out to me as the guy to dethrone Max right now

Jeremy could earn a rematch and get lucky and clip him, but that's the closest guy I think that has a chance. You are gonna have to knock Max out and Stephens does have that ability.

Depends on how he looks vs Aldo, tho. If the new and improved Stephens takes out Jose then I will bet on him doing it.

Maybe Volkanvoski, Bektic, Moicano, Thanh Le if they'd bring him into the big show.

He is huge, after defending vs Ortega he'd better move up to 155
for his long term health.

If Ortega doesn't beat him, I find it likelier that he moves to LW and loses his FW title due to inactivity rather than getting beaten. Otherwise maybe Zabit has a shot(he looks great and I'm hopeful but let's see him vs someone like a Moicano first) at dethroning him.

Back