Just rewatched Yoel vs Whittaker

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Based on the new criteria for judging, Yoel won.

The new criteria states that rounds are won on damage, not volume (# of strikes landed) unless the damage done is even.

Yoel rocked Whittaker in rounds 3,4, and 5. Round 5 could easily be a 10-8.

The only rounds that were close were rounds 2 and 4. No one got dropped in round 2, so Whittaker won 2 on volume alone. However, round 4 had Whittaker and Yoel landing volume until Whittaker got wobbled, which won round 4 for Yoel.

I could see the fight being at best a draw, but not a win for Whittaker.

I completely agree, not that it matters now.

The whole mess was unfortunate for Romero, who was just .2 pounds and one judge away from becoming Cuba's first UFC champion.

I wonder if the potential fallout of an ineligible to win the title Romero had any sway on the judges :confused:

Stay salty. whittaker 1,2,4. #andstill

Stay salty. whittaker 1,2,4. #andstill
Just wondering if you're serious. Ts is completely right about it being off of damage. So who does round 4 go to?

A: Romero rocking Whittaker and making him stanky leg
B: Whittakers pitter patter point fighting in that round

Fun Fact: Robert Whittaker won that fight. Yoel did not.

2 - 0 Bobby Knuckles. And Still. Get over it, let it go. Knock it off.

i agree, whittakers striking was "suppose" to be better too but all he landed were those cheap kicks to the knee caps of romero.

Fun Fact: Robert Whittaker won that fight. Yoel did not.

2 - 0 Bobby Knuckles. And Still. Get over it, let it go. Knock it off.
Fun fact: Whittaker left the fight likely heavily concussed/ knocked down multiple times and was just trying to survive half the fight while Romero was never in any danger.

Fun fact: Whittaker left the fight likely heavily concussed/ knocked down multiple times and was just trying to survive half the fight while Romero was never in any danger.
Fun fact 2: Yoel was in such bad shape after round 4 that his team was going to throw in the towel.

Romero looked plenty damaged to me after the fight, in fact he looked more damaged than Whittaker *shrug*

And yet he still won, 3 rounds to 2.
Yoel isn't champion. No matter how many of these dumb threads get made Yoel still lost.

Romero fans are easily the most delusional on this forum.

I think that If Whittaker hadn't broken his hand early on in the fight, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Yoel should be embarrassed It was even close since he was fighting a guy with 1 good hand.

i had it 1 2 and 4 for whittaker. no 10-8s cuz its too inconsistent.....some rounds they score it a 10-8 and others are more dominant and they score it 10-9.

Fun fact 2: Yoel was in such bad shape after round 4 that his team was going to throw in the towel.

Romero looked plenty damaged to me after the fight, in fact he looked more damaged than Whittaker *shrug*
Yeah Romero got hit but he was never in any danger, Whittaker on the other hand barely survived at several points

And yet he still won, 3 rounds to 2.
Yoel isn't champion. No matter how many of these dumb threads get made Yoel still lost.
I'm just saying it's not right. Yoel should get 4th round cause he rocked Whittaker while Whittaker was point fighting, and should have got atleast a 10-8 somewhere. Keep in mind mike Jackson got a 10-8 for nothing that night. Romero knocked Whittaker down, took him down three times, and nearly finished him twice in a round and got a 10-9. The judging is that fight was actually laughable

I'm just saying it's not right. Yoel should get 4th round cause he rocked Whittaker while Whittaker was point fighting, and should have got atleast a 10-8 somewhere. Keep in mind mike Jackson got a 10-8 for nothing that night. Romero knocked Whittaker down, took him down three times, and nearly finished him twice in a round and got a 10-9. The judging is that fight was actually laughable

Sometimes these things happen in MMA.
Yoel lost. Let it go.

I havent rewatched it, mainly to see the 4th round everyone speaks of for Whitaker.

First time watching live I scored it exactly that 3,4,5 based on damage.

Cuba will never have a champ anytime soon now.......

Back