Something Doesn't Add Up About Punk...

krelianx

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I get that he is very unathletic, and that he is old as well. But the level of skill he displayed was beyond abysmal. Two years won't make you into a good fighter, but it will at least develop some fundamentals about movement. Punk literally could not throw a punch, and his ground game was worse than literally every blue belt I've ever rolled with or seen. Even an unathletic person at a leisurely pace with two years of training would go far beyond what Punk evinced. The only time I recall seeing someone worse was Giant Silva, and that is a guy with serious growth and coordination issues.

This makes me question just how much the guy actually trained.

that's implying he was actually training solidly for two straight years.

also, sometimes the gameplan goes out the window when you get punched in the face

It is pretty simple. Over the 4 years, he did not train very often. Just enough for the cameras, and probably only long enough for a "fight camp".

You give me 4 years training at a top gym, I would look 4 times better than Punk and that is a fact. He had to have not been training very often.

Last edited:

Did you not read what I said? Even at a leisurely pace, one would get far beyond what CM Punk evinced with two years of training. He is worse than every blue belt I have met.

This makes me question just how much the guy actually trained.

It makes me question whether Dana should have talked to Roufus to make sure Punk was trained property for the UFC.

I tend to give Roufus the majority of the blame because he should have known Punk was not ready .

It is pretty simple. Over the 4 years, he did not train very often. Just enough for the cameras, and probably only long enough for a "fight camp".

You give me 4 years training at a top gym, I would like 4 times better than Punk and that is a fact. He had to have not been training very often.

Even at a leisurely pace, you would go way, way beyond that in that stretch of time.

He got gassed af by the end of the first, and once your tank is empty, everything goes out the window.

Plus, twenty years of wear-and-tear from wrestling in twenty-minute matches four times a week probably limited how much he could train.

Some people just aren't good at things.

No matter how much they try or how hard they train.

Just slow and uncoordinated
The attributes he needs in order to be a competent MMA fighter needs to be built up from the ground before any MMA training

also, sometimes the gameplan goes out the window when you get punched in the face
So true. Ability to take a solid punch to the face/head and maintain wits should be an early finding. Some people really don’t have this talent.

Not trying to justify anything here but didn’t Brooks get into a surgery to fix his back?
Also put in account the fact dude was probably ramping like a rabbit with thisDFAA586C-6EF2-422E-AF18-3CB5DDE3EA87.jpeg
40s,young hot wife,back injury,rich,leaving away from the gym.

Nobody would have guts to train hard in that situation.

I've been wondering about this ever since Punk got paired with Roufussport. I get they're the trainers of champions, but aren't they also the camp that beats the shit out of girls during combo demonstrations and got a kickboxer straight up killed?

Some people just don't have it. No matter how much will or heart they have they just don't have the physical traits to allow them to compete.

Well it just goes to show you that being a fan and receiving some training is not exactly enough to be competing at the highest level. I am a huge basketball fan. I love the NBA. I can train with the best people on the planet for two years straight and look like complete dog shit trying to play with NBA players. He had no business in the octagon. Everybody knew this.

I've been wondering about this ever since Punk got paired with Roufussport. I get they're the trainers of champions, but aren't they also the camp that beats the shit out of girls during combo demonstrations and got a kickboxer straight up killed?

I would be careful with saying those things. First, a fighter of theirs did die after a fight. The question of their responsibility, however, is open and not easy to determine. We would have to know more about the sanctioning mechanisms and the state of the fighter going into the fight. As far as "beating the shit out of women", I suppose they are trained with the same standards of intensity as the men, relative to their capacity. If they go hard as part of their training, I see no problem. Unless you mean something else.

Back