Should Alves retire ?

shankmcgank

Beep/Boop/Bop
@Black
Reaction score
Just watched him get destroyed by Millender. It should have ended in the first round if Millender hadn't started celebrating too early.

Alves is 4-5 since 2011, and is going to be 35 in October. In that 7 year span, he's managed 2 finishes and has been finished himself 3 times.

I just don't see him ever contending, or being more than a mid-level gatekeeper to be fed to up-and-comers.

Not bashing the guy, just think his best days are behind him and he will likely catch more beatings like we saw tonight. Time to retire imo.

What do you guys think ?

He's in that journey man stage. He just isn't consistent enough to make a title run. He isn't even consistent enough to do the "fun fight" Cerrone thing.

if he wants to.... its not my place to tell people when to retire. its not like he's getting destroyed everytime he steps in the cage

he was such a specimen pre-USADA. He was a guy that worried me when he faced GSP. Boy, was I wrong

he was such a specimen pre-USADA. He was a guy that worried me when he faced GSP. Boy, was I wrong

No doubt.

His TDD at the time was amazing. Fought Koscheck 6 months earlier and Kos couldn't even come close to getting him down.

Was supposed to force GSP to stand with him.

No doubt.

His TDD at the time was amazing. Fought Koscheck 6 months earlier and Kos couldn't even come close to getting him down.

Was supposed to force GSP to stand with him.
He was SOOOO much bigger than Matt Hughes. He looked 2 weight classes bigger. it was a legit mismatch

It’s still a decent pay cheque for him. A lot of these guys don’t have backup plans.

Man mik perry could have had a great ko added to the highlight reel if alves didnt back out of the fight cause his wife wantef to stay home and go through a hurricane

I was surprised to find out he was still fighting when be went against Cote - who I believe was Cote's retirement fight.

Back