How would Michael Chandler do in the UFC?

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Michael Chandler's Bellator contract is up. I really hope he finds his way to the UFC, and test his skill set amongst the elite 155rs. Yes I'm fully aware of his losses against Will Brooks, in particular his 2nd defeat, but I think that is more of an outlier than anything else. He's rebounded quite nicely since that hiccup, I'm not going to count that loss to Primus as that was the result of a bizarre leg/foot injury than anything else.

LW is the UFC's toughest and deepest division. If Chandler were to be signed, how would he fare?

Someone add the GIF of his corner pulling away his stool in between rounds.

guaranteed top 10, probably 5.

don't think he'd be champ though, i could see him having the same amount of success as alvarez minus the belt.

Michael Chandler's Bellator contract is up. I really hope he finds his way to the UFC, and test his skill set amongst the elite 155rs. Yes I'm fully aware of his losses against Will Brooks, in particular his 2nd defeat, but I think that is more of an outlier than anything else. He's rebounded quite nicely since that hiccup, I'm not going to count that loss to Primus as that was the result of a bizarre leg/foot injury than anything else.

LW is the UFC's toughest and deepest division. If Chandler were to be signed, how would he fare?

He can hang for sure. 155 is stacked AF and has a ton of well rounded guys but he matches up pretty well with most of them. Great offensive and defensive wrestling, decent boxing and kicks, great cardio and a ton of heart. He would do well in the UFC

guaranteed top 10, probably 5.

don't think he'd be champ though, i could see him having the same amount of success as alvarez minus the belt.

Agreed. Definitely top 10, probably top 5. He would need a great match up and a little bit of luck to win the belt (just like every other fighter I suppose).

I think he'd be one of those guys that could win the title if a few things go his way. He'd be in the top 10 for a while. I just compare him to Eddie. They have a few different strengths and weaknesses, but they're at the same level.

He can hang for sure. 155 is stacked AF and has a ton of well rounded guys but he matches up pretty well with most of them. Great offensive and defensive wrestling, decent boxing and kicks, great cardio and a ton of heart. He would do well in the UFC

His boxing has gotten sharper, only thing that bothers me is he gets cut rather easily. Agree on all his attributes, but I think his greatest strength is his heart.

His boxing has gotten sharper, only thing that bothers me is he gets cut rather easily. Agree on all his attributes, but I think his greatest strength is his heart.

with his skill set, having heart is huge in my opinion.

look at Gaethje, he was pretty much 1 fight away from a title shot and he pretty much only had heart.

if Chandler gets similar matchups i think Chandler could be a champion.

I think he'd be one of those guys that could win the title if a few things go his way. He'd be in the top 10 for a while. I just compare him to Eddie. They have a few different strengths and weaknesses, but they're at the same level.

I think he should only stay at Bellator if he gets a massive deal from Coker. Otherwise for his legacy I think he should go the UFC while he's in his prime.

easy top 10 not sure if he be champ in ufc but always be in the mix

He'd be 0-2 and cut. Look what happened to Will Brooks, the guy who beat the shit out of Chandler twice.

Chandler vs Gaethje!!! But should be top-tier...

Chandler vs anyone in the top 10 is an awesome matchup.

Ideally, him vs:

Gaethje
Alvarez III
Barboza
Pettis
Ferguson
Nurmagomedov
etc etc etc

Back