Dana: Gustafsson staying on the UFC 227 card

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
UFC president Dana White confirmed on Sunday that the top ranked contender is still expected to fight in August once they find him a new opponent.

“We have to get him another opponent,” White said about Gustafsson at the post fight press conference for UFC Fight Night in Liverpool. “We’ll keep him on that card and get him another opponent. Rockhold screwed up his shin.”

So, who's likely to replace Rockhold in this one? Any unbooked LHW's out there?

Till should be available if he can make weight.

Hoping for a rematch with Jones

volkan oezdemir,, just pointing out how shallow the division is,,

Damn I missed the news Rockhold is out. I'm not surprised however

Call me crazy but the opponent being Weidman wouldn't surprise me

Who is he fighting then? Corey Anderson? Everyone is booked

Does one punch man have a fight scheduled ? I’d watch that scrap

Yeah, I saw that too. Great news, Gustafsson needs to fucking fight more. I like the Reyes matchup. Gustafsson might not due to Reyes' low ranking, but there is no one else and due to what we've seen from Dominick and his power, it's a compelling fight.

Let him fight someone at HW.
There's basically nobody relevant available at LHW and Gus doesn't want to fight someone low ranked since he already is the #1 contender.
He already talked about fighting at HW when he was on JRE and said he feels great when he's heavier.

There's basically nobody that makes any sense at all. What about Machida moving back up to 205lbs? It's the only thing i can think of. Someone like Reyes is pointless, it would likely be needlessly derailing a surging prospect.

Back