IF McGregor has a tune...

SOAzmayesh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IF and it's a big IF but, If he were to have a tune-up fight before a 'proper' fight vs Khabib, Alverez, Lee or Fergy - would Sherdog shit on him for not coming back and getting straight into the fire pit?

If Colin released a tune it would sound fucking awful.

Conor Mcgregor is ranked #1 at Lightweight.
Why the fuck would he get a tune-up fight?

IF and it's a big IF but, If he were to have a tune-up fight before a 'proper' fight vs Khabib, Alverez, Lee or Fergy - would Sherdog shit on him for not coming back and getting straight into the fire pit?

soooo, az ma yesh? Be'emet, ma yesh? Ma yesh leha?

McGregor is fading. Nick Diaz is naturally much better at the "I'm too busy getting arrested to actually fight" shtick, Dern and Till are much better at "I'm way overhyped and delusionally arrogant" shtick. And Colby is stealing the cringeworthy trashtalking shtick.

He could come out and shuck off Khabib a dozen times in grappling exchanges and knock him out and there will be some people with something negative to say. With that said this site would shut down in the flood of hate if Conor were to comeback and fight anyone other than Khabib.

Fighting alvarez again would just be plain stupid he dismantled him but a tune up fight against maybe Kevin lee or even Ferguson would maybe be good for him but let’s be honest it wouldn’t really be a tune up fight against either of those fighters especially Ferguson that’s like a title fight in it’s own regard, that’s still getting throwed straight in the deep down just without fighting for the belt, He may have some ring rust who knows but I don’t think McGregor believes that’s a thing and would want to fight for the belt for his comeback and it makes most most sense, so would I be pissed if he fought Ferguson nope as it’s a great fight and potentially great set up but I’d prefer if he fought khabib.

Conor Mcgregor is ranked #1 at Lightweight.
Why the fuck would he get a tune-up fight?
Cos of not fighting in the ufc for 2 years... Would actually be quite normal.
If you look at any fighter in boxing or ufc, you'd find that any fighter who's had a lay off for any reason, would have a tune up fight before fighting a big contender.
Khabib and Amir Khan have built their career off the back of them.
Fighting alvarez again would just be plain stupid he dismantled him but a tune up fight against maybe Kevin lee or even Ferguson would maybe be good for him but let’s be honest it wouldn’t really be a tune up fight against either of those fighters especially Ferguson that’s like a title fight in it’s own regard, that’s still getting throwed straight in the deep down just without fighting for the belt, He may have some ring rust who knows but I don’t think McGregor believes that’s a thing and would want to fight for the belt for his comeback and it makes most most sense, so would I be pissed if he fought Ferguson nope as it’s a great fight and potentially great set up but I’d prefer if he fought khabib.
No, I mean a tune up fight before fighting the likes of Khabib, Fergy, Lee, etc...
A fight against someone like Aiquinta or something before taking a big fight for the belt or true no.1 rank.

Seems logical to me given the two year break but know there are big khabib fans or mcgregor haters who will say otherwise, keen to hear their logical opinion.

Aren't they top 5?

Yeah I was being a bit facetious, but Alvarez in particular would be a tune up fight for McGregor no matter what his rank. His fighting style would get him smashed every time they fought... though I included Lee in that statement mostly because I don't like him to be honest lol

If you look at any fighter in boxing or ufc, you'd find that any fighter who's had a lay off for any reason, would have a tune up fight before fighting a big contender.

No, I mean a tune up fight before fighting the likes of Khabib, Fergy, Lee, etc...
A fight against someone like Aiquinta or something before taking a big fight for the belt or true no.1 rank.

Seems logical to me given the two year break but know there are big khabib fans or mcgregor haters who will say otherwise, keen to hear their logical opinion.
When he does eventually fight it will be around 2 years so that’s actually a good point but a tune up fight would defo ease him back into the game but I think mcgregor himself wouldn’t want anything but the championship fight this year and I for one wouldn’t want to see him fight the likes of aiquinta

He'll get his "tune-up" while sitting in the slammer. No lube required.

Although, the likelihood of him going to jail is slim-to-none.

Yeah I was being a bit facetious, but Alvarez in particular would be a tune up fight for McGregor no matter what his rank. His fighting style would get him smashed every time they fought... though I included Lee in that statement mostly because I don't like him to be honest lol
I could see Lee being very troublesome and Alverez has proved for many a year that he is very good fighter despite the humiliation Mcg put on him.
I'd like to see mcg fight a nobody to blow the dust off then get back into fighting top dudes.
When he does eventually fight it will be around 2 years so that’s actually a good point but a tune up fight would defo ease him back into the game but I think mcgregor himself wouldn’t want anything but the championship fight this year and I for one wouldn’t want to see him fight the likes of aiquinta

Ye, mcg prob doesn't wanna go into a tune up fight and the ufc defo won't want their high paid contracted star in a tune up fight due to 'wasting' one of their contractually agreed fights.

Think he'll need it though, no matter how heavy the sparring, it just isn't the same.

I can see why it might be good for him but he is too expensive and probably does not have that many fights left in him. I think they need to squeeze as many big fights out of him as they can

Alvarez is a decent fighter but his chin and conditioning have carried him further than his actual skill at times in my opinion. McGregor could find his chin quite easily any time they fought

this 100%

Just becasue gsp is so great and most can't do what he does. Although in the ufc they are more keen on putting you in with dangerous guys. Boxing they protect more. But a tune up fight after years lay off is very wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back