Dana White: When Alistair Overeem sells as many pay-per-views as CM Punk does, we can argue.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Then please Dana don't call MMA a sport. At least what UFC is doing with MMA can't be considered a sport.

Also to UFC apologists & shills attacking Pride for its freakshow fights, Dana literally destroyed any arguments you guys had about the legitimacy of UFC over Pride. So please next time refrain from attacking Pride for its legitimacy. At least they were transparent in their approach. At least they acknowledged the fact that they were in entertainment business not in a pseudo sport business.

Last edited:
This threads been made more times than a Karius CL final error.

Ratings matter in sports kid, hate to break it to ya.

Why does people care when the fight is shown!?
Isnt enough you get to SEE the fight?
The fighter Reem in this case is STILL paid his money.
He is not complaining.
So why are you?

Red Goof doesn't care how many times Phil gets CTE'd, homie's laughin all the way to da bank

HHUECoM.jpg

Not sure why the bout order makes it any less of a "sport". If the fights were fixed? Not really a sport. If CM Punk happened to be a HW and got a title shot over Overeem, I could see where TS was coming from.

Last edited:
I shit my pants when he said that

I am now retarded

My brains fell out of my ass

I am tard

How many buys will CM Punk bring? No one gives a shit anymore. I haven't seen any interest from wrestling fans in regards to this fight, and that's the well they were drawing from. The novelty has worn off.

I's all about money... I hope CM gets destroyed and we never see him back again...

How many buys will CM Punk bring? No one gives a shit anymore. I haven't seen any interest from wrestling fans in regards to this fight, and that's the well they were drawing from. The novelty has worn off.

You were keeping an eye on the wrestlin fan sentiment?

You were keeping an eye on the wrestlin fan sentiment?

It's not that hard to browse forums. There was a buzz for his first fight and people were interested in seeing how he would do, I've not even seen his next fight mentioned.

I also know a few people who follow wrasslin and were even big fans of CM Punk, and they didn't even know he had a fight coming up.

It's not that hard to browse forums. There was a buzz for his first fight and people were interested in seeing how he would do, I've not even seen his next fight mentioned.

I also know a few people who follow wrasslin and were even big fans of CM Punk, and they didn't even know he had a fight coming up.

I honestly didn't think people really watched that shit anymore. Seems so diminished in popular culture.

UFC hit a way higher level than Pride ever did with talent and high level fights a long time ago..It was bound to happen in such a rapidly growing sport.

Fighting is a different animal in general. Freak show fight with CM Punk? Whatever I'll be entertained, they're gonna do what they gotta do. Let's get down from our high horse as fans.

I honestly didn't think people really watched that shit anymore. Seems so diminished in popular culture.

The size of its fanbase is probably similar to MMA. Might even be bigger. MMA just has more mainstream appeal.

Back