Is UFC too BIG for its own good ?

shrame99

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
This is just my opinion. Till vs Wonderboy was a snoozer & this weekends event was not very impressive. The last PPV was an epic fail in terms of PPV sales & it's main event. Next weeks event basically has nothing to offer imo, it's just filler...

Watching the Bellator event this weekend I feel as if it was more entertaining than the UFC's event this weekend. Looking at UFC's current roster & the sheer number of events that they're putting on, I can't help but feel as if they've become too big for their own good. I mean think about it. Their roster now is bigger than ever, but they don't even have the best fighters. Why is that though ?

They have the buying power but what it boils down to is that they UFC is too greedy when it comes to paying fighters properly. I'm not talking bout Conner McGregor or fighters at the very top but everyone else pretty much gets abused since they don't even get paid to be in the UFC video game and they have to wear Reebok... For many mid level fighters, they're definitely better off being with Bellator.

UFC is still going to be successful but because of the sheer amount of money the new owners have put down, you could argue that the UFC is being more frugal than ever towards their fighters. They're under a tremendous amount of pressure to produce. In the process, they're missing out on an entire flock of excellent fighters that are making an organization like Bellator a hit.

Any opinions ?

UFC is less of a circus for sure, although it has its moments.

Yeah for sure

The thought of it is better than the actual product these days

A lot of smoke and mirrors going on

This Bellator card was entertaining!

This is just my opinion. Till vs Wonderboy was a snoozer & this weekends event was not very impressive. The last PPV was an epic fail in terms of PPV sales & it's main event. Next weeks event basically has nothing to offer imo, it's just filler...

Watching the Bellator event this weekend I feel as if it was more entertaining than the UFC's event this weekend. Looking at UFC's current roster & the sheer number of events that they're putting on, I can't help but feel as if they've become too big for their own good. I mean think about it. Their roster now is bigger than ever, but they don't even have the best fighters. Why is that though ?

They have the buying power but what it boils down to is that they UFC is too greedy when it comes to paying fighters properly. I'm not talking bout Conner McGregor or fighters at the very top but everyone else pretty much gets abused since they don't even get paid to be in the UFC video game and they have to wear Reebok... For many mid level fighters, they're definitely better off being with Bellator.

UFC is still going to be successful but because of the sheer amount of money the new owners have put down, you could argue that the UFC is being more frugal than ever towards their fighters. They're under a tremendous amount of pressure to produce. In the process, they're missing out on an entire flock of excellent fighters that are making an organization like Bellator a hit.

Any opinions ?

sherdog said ufc died 5 years ago so I think the ufc is doing just fine.

More mma is better than less mma, simple as that.
There is more talent all over the world than ever, and they need the proper stage to show it.

Yesterday card had potential future contenders like Breese and Pedersoli on the undercard, but nobody paying attention to that.

Back