Big John McCarthy on Till vs Wonderboy

egk

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For all those who insist Till won because of Octagon control...

I like his tweets where someone is accusing him of being wrong and he says he thinks he should know a little bit about it since he wrote the rule :D

bj-bear.jpg

I like his tweets where someone is accusing him of being wrong and he says he thinks he should know a little bit about it since he wrote the rule :D

I accept what BJM says because he is a certified legend and very knowledgeable, and has had significant input into writing the Unified Rules including the scoring criteria.

However, is he actually a registered judge? i know he trains ref's and does seminars on the unifed rules and their applications. Will we ever see him judging at events now that he is no longer reffing full time?

Don't care for either fighter. Woodley beats both .

I accept what BJM says because he is a certified legend and very knowledgeable, and has had significant input into writing the Unified Rules including the scoring criteria.

However, is he actually a registered judge? i know he trains ref's and does seminars on the unifed rules and their applications. Will we ever see him judging at events now that he is no longer reffing full time?

Good question. I have no idea if he's on a list of certified judges or not. Off the top of my head, I don't recall any refs working as judges except Cecil Peoples. lol

I just thought it was amusing that he wrote a lot of the rules the judges are supposed to go by and they don't seem to know them. That's one of the problems with judges in my opinion. They often seem to judge fights however the fuck they want and base it on their own private criteria. It's especially bad when judges more known for boxing judge MMA fights.

Hell, Cecil Peoples is a registered judge. It doesn't mean you know how to score a fight.

dude this exactly but people just love to fucking argue just for arguments sake its ridiculous.

Then probably make the criteria less vague you fuck.

I am a registered judge and let me tell you

Diaz 1,2,5

I'm a registered sex offender and I'm more qualified to score fights than some registered judges like Adelaide Byrd, CJ Ross and Cecil peoples

I'm a registered sex offender and I'm more qualified to score fights than some registered judges like Adelaide Byrd, CJ Ross and Cecil peoples
I'm pretty sure you have that in common with at least Cecil Peoples

This is one of those fights I kind of don’t really care who won. Neither of them should complain about the decision and for Thompson to assume he was up on the cards isn’t very smart cos so little happened. Probably should have learnt his lesson from the Woodley fights.

Im not one to stick up for judges but with this fight due to crowd noise and so little big shots landed it’d be hard to judge.

The fact both guys looked like they could go another fight to me means they both conserved energy and were happy to Coast. In this case it’s Thompson is only to blame. Had till lost he’d only have himself to blame.

Yeah? Well I'm a registered sex offender judge, and I am WAY more qualified to score fights than you. In fact, I have a black belt on my ankle bracelet.

its great to know that octagon control is only used when striking and grappling is equal. I think I already had this in my mind so I just confirmed it. also fight stats, like what is a significant strike and what not is literally a TV guy doing all this work, pressing buttons and what not. it's not really that reliable

or you could just not fight a terrible fight and not worry about any of this

Most of those judges are shit

I think Mccarthy should stop living in a world where being a ref equals being an expert in fighting.

Back