Anybody else forgiving Woodley now?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think its safe to say fighting Wonderboy will make you look bad, win or lose. There is only 1 way to fight him. Otherwise you will end up like Rory and Hendricks. Much like Holly Holm. If you stand your ground and counter the counter puncher, they run out of ideas. Cyborg and Shevchenko fought Holly the exact same way. Even though the fight was boring as hell, the blame shouldn't be on Till. He did what he had to do. No doubt the kid brings the heat to who ever else he fights next.

Woodley and Till get a pass. Wonderboy and Maia are awkward fighters. You got to do what you got to do against them. I see Till walking through the top 3 in the division. He looked like a veteran in there, so calm and relaxed against the number 1 guy in the division, and it was in his home town too.

His ability to back fighters up will be Woodley's downfall. I see Till picking him apart against the fence. RDA too small. Colby not ready for that level. Only GSP and Nick can beat Till imo.

I agree that it's pretty much impossible to look good fighting Wonderboy.

With that said I definitely expected a bit more aggression and killer instinct from Till fighting in his hometown.

He's the same points fighting shit like Machida. Till should've just stood in the middle and not chase him. Using Boxing's Turtle guard with lots of bobbing & weaving to get in may work, but fuck that....just stand in the middle let him dance all day.

Till will easily be wrestlefucked..

Absolutely fucking not. He's the one who was simply standing with his back to the cage for the majority of the fight, and he's been absolutely snooze-worthy many other times, including his fight vs maia (as already mentioned) and his lay and pray-fests in strikeforce.

Forgive Woodley? Nah, no forgiveness needed as he has no obligation to satisfy me as a fan. However, as a fan I am allowed to not enjoy anyone that isn't going for the finish. Doing enough to win isn't appealing to spectators but hard to fault from a fighter's perspective (especially a champ).

Nah...Always takes two to tango.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

8rWSPVW.gif

Wonderboy can have boring fights.
Demian Maia can have boring fights.
Woodley can have boring fights.

Just shit luck that Woodley's last 3 fights have been against them. Whether he fights RDA or Woodley next I think it'll be a much better fight

Woodley has never done wrong in the first place to warrant the hate he has had to endure during his reign as a UFC WW champ..

no, they're both boring. you can just compare this fight with woodley wonderboy 2, that was probably the most boring fight ever (aside the last like 30 seconds)

woodley is like, he either KOs someone quickly or have a stinker for 3/5 rounds

I think its safe to say fighting Wonderboy will make you look bad, win or lose. There is only 1 way to fight him. Otherwise you will end up like Rory and Hendricks. Much like Holly Holm. If you stand your ground and counter the counter puncher, they run out of ideas. Cyborg and Shevchenko fought Holly the exact same way. Even though the fight was boring as hell, the blame shouldn't be on Till. He did what he had to do. No doubt the kid brings the heat to who ever else he fights next.

Woodley and Till get a pass. Wonderboy and Maia are awkward fighters. You got to do what you got to do against them. I see Till walking through the top 3 in the division. He looked like a veteran in there, so calm and relaxed against the number 1 guy in the division, and it was in his home town too.

His ability to back fighters up will be Woodley's downfall. I see Till picking him apart against the fence. RDA too small. Colby not ready for that level. Only GSP and Nick can beat Till imo.
Till can’t even make weight in his home town.
Let’s talk about middleweight matchups for him.

Both deserve criticism. Till was scared of wonderboy moreso than wonderboy was of till. Till almost never struck aggressively. He moved forward and feinted his jab a lot but he never put himself in a vulnerable situation to try and win the fight. If anything, wonderboy should more striking aggression with his blitzes. Even Woodley blitzed wonderboy a few times. Till did nothing.

He's the same points fighting shit like Machida. Till should've just stood in the middle and not chase him. Using Boxing's Turtle guard with lots of bobbing & weaving to get in may work, but fuck that....just stand in the middle let him dance all day.

Read this in Edmunds voice

You can take the Wonderboy-Woodley fights away, and there are still plenty of things Woodley does/says that bother people.

Back