I think current Tyron Woodley beats all other Welterweights quite easily

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Even Sherdog favs Colby and Till.

<30>

Till has said his greatest challenge is a good wrestler.

Twood likely takes him down and smashes him.

He may be boring in his past few fights, but he is pretty smart.

In UFC, I agree

ufc154_weighin_001.jpg

I wouldn't say easily, it certainly wasn't easy for him to beat Wonderboy.

However I tend to agree that he beats everyone in the current WW division. Usman definitely has the best chance of beating him IMO.

Woodley should be favored over the contenders he has lined up. Till could catch him with something, RDA could possibly outwork him in the later rounds. None of that is as likely as Woodley winning those fights.

Too bad gastelum is not a we anymore.if he decide to move back to ww then I can see him Woodley in the rematch

Easily?
Didn’t most fans and media have him losing to wonderboy in the rematch?

RDA, GSP and Rory 2 are the toughest WW fights for Woodley, but we may never see a few of them.

If Woodley lays against the fence like he's known for, I can see Till elbowing the shit out of him in the clinch. If Till has just a little wrestling it'll be enough to where Woodley won't be able to hold him down because of that size advantage. Now if he is a fish out of water on the ground, then he's done, Woodley would do some damage.

The big question is how well did Tyron recover from shoulder surgery.

I can't fathom Colby giving him any trouble at all, in fact I think that is a lopsided fight and Colby gets hurt.

RDA has higher output but he's been knocked out multiple times by much smaller guys. I don't think he can handle Woodley's power and his best chance is to try and make Tyron gas, not a great path to victory.

Till is very big and physical and seems to be improving each fight. He could be interesting but the wrestling gap might be substantial.

Usman doesn't have a snowballs chance. His standup is rudimentary. Sell.

Healthy Woodley is one of the great all-time welterweights we've ever seen.

Till has said his greatest challenge is a good wrestler.

Twood likely takes him down and smashes him.

He may be boring in his past few fights, but he is pretty smart.
When was the last time you saw Woodley take someone down? I can't remember the last time he did(I seem to recall he tried against Rory?)

If Woodly didn't try to take down Wonderboy, I doubt he'd try against Till(a much bigger fighter with Thai kickboxing & bjj background).

Wouldn't you agree? I mean if you were Woodley, which of the 2 fighters would you think you'd have a better chance of 'taking down & smashing'?

Last edited:
Till has a good chance considering his size, striking and power if Tyron keeps on resting on the fence. RDA is too small for Tyron. Colby is too is worse than him everywhere.

As much as it pains people here, he could very well surpass Hughes or GSP.
Woodley deserves the nod over GSP seeing as GSP is ducking him hard. Tyron is 36, GSP is 37.. i wish this fight could happen.
Woodley just needs to accumulate the title defenses and get that number close to GSP first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back