IMO both guys showed why they will never hold the UFC title

Bert415

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
frustrating fight. They both fought incredibly passively. Till needs to work on his boxing, he was unable to land good shots all fight long. Wonderboy would have his hands at his knees and his back to the fence and Till would hop around, feint and let him out over and over and over. The style that Till fought with tonight would get him wrecked versus Woodley, you can’t get away with leaving your chin straight up in the air, having no head movement and always leaning and moving straight backwards. till Could learn a thing or two from Conor , In those situations Conor hurts and punishes his opponents, he doesn’t just spar around with them and slap gloves and gesture to the crowd, he goes in there to hurt and finish you.

On to Wonderboy, I like Wonderboy but he is also frustrating to watch. Like Till,
He was only throwing single shots at a time. He simply doesn’t have the power in his shots to get away with only throwing one at a time. He is too content to point fight, feint, and wait for openings. He gives away fights, he needs to Incorparate new things into his game, like a left hook or takedowns.

This might sound overly simplistic or like a stupid just bleed thing, but to be a UFC champion you need to go into the cage to fuck someone up, not spar around with them. Think of Conor, Lawler, Jones, etc. I don’t see those traits in Till or Wonderboy. Both really really talented skilled fighters, but both seem to be lacking in killer instinct and neither guys has the boxing ability it takes to be an elite fighter in today’s MMA.

I tink woodley, wonderboy and Till should be cut from the UfC.

They shud then take some steroids and fight in korea

Never say never, buddeh

DbqoJ_lXkAAf15P.jpg

Conor and Lawler lol, In otherwords you need to never defend a belt like Conor or take a ridiculous amount of damage like Lawler. GSP was the champ and fought very safe, there are plenty of other examples as well.

I think both fighters fought a smart fight. The reason they weren't going in guns blazing is because they knew, due to footwork, distance etc, that they wouldn't be successful if they did.

Wonderboy is very, very hard to look good against. Similar to Machida, you can't charge him, because he'll knock you out. So you're kind if forced to play a very careful style.

I usually don't like these fights, but I quite enjoyed this one. You could see each fighter constantly analyzing his attack. Not a lot of action, but still a lot to watch, IMO.

Till can’t hit wonderboy clean because if wonderboy striking defense.the reason why they throw so few shots is because both of them know that their opponent is a master counter striker

wonderboy can make any fight weird like that, i wouldn't give till too much shit for not being able to land much on one of the best movers/one of the most awkward dudes to fight in the game.

till's boxing is fine, and he definitely doesn't lack killer instinct.

We can debate to death on the magician-like skills of these fighters, but they were boring as fck with zero brutality. In the end, do I really care who wins? Not really. I watch for entertainment value only, and I left unsatisfied. Will never do PPV for these guys.

I think both fighters fought a smart fight. The reason they weren't going in guns blazing is because they knew, due to footwork, distance etc, that they wouldn't be successful if they did.

Wonderboy is very, very hard to look good against. Similar to Machida, you can't charge him, because he'll knock you out. So you're kind if forced to play a very careful style.

I usually don't like these fights, but I quite enjoyed this one. You could see each fighter constantly analyzing his attack. Not a lot of action, but still a lot to watch, IMO.
all of this.

Conor and Lawler lol, In otherwords you need to never defend a belt like Conor or take a ridiculous amount of damage like Lawler. GSP was the champ and fought very safe, there are plenty of other examples as well.
I know. You’re missing the point though. Not every fighter has to be Robbie Lawler, I get that. GSP fought safe but he also dominated his opponents, when he was in close competitive fights he turned it up a level and put beatings on good fighters. He had answers, he had alternative skill sets, he had a plan b.

Conor not defending his belt has absolutely no relevance in this discussion at all. Where did I say Till should do that?

If it wasn't for shit scorecards from the judges in the second bout vs woodley, thompson would have already been champion.

It’s not true though that if you charge him you get knocked out. He had his back to the cage and his hands down in almost every round. He doesn’t have the one punch power to knock out an incoming Till. I get what your saying, he is hard to land shots on and he is hard to look good against. But you need to take risks in big fights, yeah you are fighting a good fighter that can hurt you, that doesn’t mean you should not throw punches at him and instead hop around and gesture to the crowd.

wonderboy can make any fight weird like that, i wouldn't give till too much shit for not being able to land much on one of the best movers/one of the most awkward dudes to fight in the game.

His boxing is not good. He has a good straight left, good power, but he has no right hand at all, rarely jabs, simple in and out footwork, head straight in the air, no head movement.

His boxing is not good. He has a good straight left, good power, but he has no right hand at all, rarely jabs, simple in and out footwork, head straight in the air, no head movement.
still has better hands than most of the division, what he has is enough.

Never say never, buddeh

DbqoJ_lXkAAf15P.jpg

That’s actually the perfect example to the TS’ post. Once he started sitting down on his punches he got over that hump. The point fight style can only get you so far.

It’s not true though that if you charge him you get knocked out. He had his back to the cage and his hands down in almost every round. He doesn’t have the one punch power to knock out an incoming Till. I get what your saying, he is hard to land shots on and he is hard to look good against. But you need to take risks in big fights, yeah you are fighting a good fighter that can hurt you, that doesn’t mean you should not throw punches at him and instead hop around and gesture to the crowd.

Even if you ignore Wonderboy's ability to knock you out (which he most certainly can do), being aggressive and taking risks is EXACTLY what he wants to do. If you rush him, it's BETTER for him.

And Till was taking risks, not by charging in, but by leaving his head open and daring Wonderboy to take a shot. That's the problem with this fight, both fighters were leaving openings for the other to attack, but both knew exactly what the other was up to, so didn't take the bait. This means you have a lot of people saying things like "he was wide open, he should've taken more risks", which applies to both fighters. However, if either had opened himself any more than he did, he'd probably lose.

Like I said, super tough fight to look good in. Kind of like fighting Maia. You can't go to the ground with him, and you can't open yourself to a takedown, so most of the time his fights are a battle of distance, with his opponent trying to be effective in extremely limited ways.

Till v Wonderboy was fight on a knife edge. It was only boring because neither guy slipped.

He is missing something close it seems. has dropped all 6 UFC opponents with a strike and only finished 2 of them.

That’s actually the perfect example to the TS’ post. Once he started sitting down on his punches he got over that hump. The point fight style can only get you so far.

Also
Edgar
Benda
Machida
Cruz

So yes there have beven plenty of point fighters that were champs, noob

Back