Till v Wonderboy by the numbers.

So till landed more, was the aggressor and had a knock down. Yet wonderboy was robbed?

Plus... his shadow boxing was on point. UFC needs a yellow card for action...

So till landed more, was the aggressor and had a knock down. Yet wonderboy was robbed?
I think people went into this fight with their mind made up because of Till missing weight. He had been painted as the villain before the fight ever started. Imo, till without question won the fight statistically.

Neither fighter won anything for 4 rounds a soundly boring fight aside from 30 seconds in rd 5.

WB is like Machida his fights are either really boring or boring but with a awesome ending.

I did have to much of a problem with it. I did expect way more from Thompson though.

Boy wonder knew the consequences of letting this go to the judges. No one to blame but himself for being a boring hoser when we all know he can be a killer. Stephen Thompson is becoming synonymous with boring fights lately. He needs to take more risk and re-evaluate his game plan. Ain't gonna be getting any title shots with performances like this one. Win or lose. Only so many times you can use the excuse "Tactical" to mask inactive point fighting.

Not Mad at the Till decision in the slightest. He was the green rookie against a seasoned vet. Wonderboy could have and should have demolished him. He did not even look like he wanted to be there. He needs to find his mojo again or hang em up.

Here is the fight if anyone missed it. i hope this is within the rules.

5953b0cc-7688-4a2c-a8c0-0f036aef7fcc.gif

Till is a cocky brit who missed weight, there's literally now way he could've won without people shitting on him

I had it 3-2 wonderboy but they both deserve to lose for that shit ass boreshow

I scored the fight for Thompson and Im more of a Till fan

Till is a cocky brit who missed weight, there's literally now way he could've won without people shitting on him
I get people shitting on him. And fuck him for missing weight. what he did was unprofessional. But WB took the extra money and accepted the fight and subsequently lost 3 rounds to 2.

http://www.fightmetric.com:8081/events/fight-info/7197/

Till out struck wonderboy in rounds 2, 3 and 5. They have it 9 to 6, 9 to 8 and 11 to 4 respectively. The fight was certainly close. But based on the fight stats, and I can't think of a better, more conclusive way to judge it, the right guy won.
9 glancing blows vs 8 hard blows that snap the opponents head back goes to the higher volume? Not saying that was the case here but volume does not always win when the criteria is "Effective Striking". I don't know where the line is between volume and power. 100 jabs landed over a round beats on hard shot. 10 jabs doesn't beat 5 jabs and 4 overhand rights.

I was surprised to hear the "Numbers" as when I watched it live (Actually on PVR) it seemed to me that Wonderboy landed the only strikes of consequence in 3 rounds and the only round I clearly thought Till won was the 5th. I had it 49-46 Thompson but could understand 48-47 Thompson. That seemed like a classic case of "Home Town Judging" to me.

9 glancing blows vs 8 hard blows that snap the opponents head back goes to the higher volume? Not saying that was the case here but volume does not always win when the criteria is "Effective Striking". I don't know where the line is between volume and power. 100 jabs landed over a round beats on hard shot. 10 jabs doesn't beat 5 jabs and 4 overhand rights.

I was surprised to hear the "Numbers" as when I watched it live (Actually on PVR) it seemed to me that Wonderboy landed the only strikes of consequence in 3 rounds and the only round I clearly thought Till won was the 5th. I had it 49-46 Thompson but could understand 48-47 Thompson. That seemed like a classic case of "Home Town Judging" to me.
When the fight ended, I genuinely thought WB had it in the bag. I was quite shocked by the outcome. But then I saw the stats and was like, "well fuck, I guess I didn't really know what I was looking at!?!" With that said, I have no other choice but to assume the judges got it right based on the stats.

Said this in another thread already, but IMO, it should be scored 50-49 for Till.

When you have to go to the numbers to try work out who won a round, that round was a draw, IMO. I mean are we really going to give a fighter an entire round because he landed a strike or two more than his opponent? Are we going to try quantify the difference between a quick leg kick and a jab to the chest?

The ONLY moment of dominance in the fight was the knockdown. Everything else was a wash. Till won the fifth. The other rounds were even.

I believe Till won as well.
R1 goes to WB - this was Tills 'worst' round in terms of effective activity.
R2 Till is ahead per the numbers, plus he had 3 very effective front leg side kicks - the most effective strikes of the first 3 rounds. They clearly had WB thinking and slowed him down for both this round and the next.
R3 was quite even IMO - nothing exceptional. I think WB landed a couple of nice counter hooks, but Till rode them off pretty well - not judged as being impactful strikes. I think the front kicks were impacting WB in this round as well.
R4 also quite even. and could be called a draw, or just play it by the numbers - Till had more volume of more signifigance.
R5 a pretty clear 10-9 for Till. The KD was fair and square. WB's TD attempt was easily thrwarted.

So i could see it going either way, but happily see it for Till. No cry of robbery needed, nor should it even be too controversial.

Back