WB v Till- great technical fight

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know a lot of people wanted a non stop slug fest but a lot of times when fighters are evenly matched it can end up very technical with a lot of feints and movement and counter strikes.

Sometimes you have to appreciate elite skill set which both displayed.

If you want to see slug feats go watch tank abbots old fights as MMA has evolved past those days.

While I do appreciate the skill level on display here, fights like this need to be longer.

It was a solid technical display. Not an exciting one, but an interesting one.

For me, those fights are fun to watch in the moment, but never again after that.

Very inactive fight, when there is so little going on its hard to describe it as an elite display of skill.

I know a lot of people wanted a non stop slug fest but a lot of times when fighters are evenly matched it can end up very technical with a lot of feints and movement and counter strikes.

Sometimes you have to appreciate elite skill set which both displayed.

If you want to see slug feats go watch tank abbots old fights as MMA has evolved past those days.
A true man of culture.

I like them both but the fight was terrible. 2 guys feinting and missing for 25 minutes.

Sherdogger only prefer mindless brawling over a highly striking chess match

This is place is worse than ever. A lot of guys dont understand what they are watching but are really fast to bash anything that is not a bloody brawl. The fight was very good and showed real striking for once in MMA.

the output was TOO low

skill yes, technique yes, but how many landed punches?

Knockdowns - 1 for Till & 0 for Thompson
Sig. Strikes- 38 of 126 Till & 31 of 127 for Thomspon
Total Strikes - 40 of 129 for Till & 31 of 127 for Thompson

The most total strikes Till landed in a single round was round 5 when he landed 11
The most total strikes Thompson landed in a single round was rounds 3 & 4 when he landed 8

Neither fighter ever landed double digit significant strikes in a single round

week-in-review-dylan-obrien-jelena.gif

I enjoyed the fight. It was very close and competitive.

I figured wonderboy would win easily or till would maybe catch him early but neither happened. Instead we saw that till is a legit striker and more than held his own against a vet and the best striker in the division over a 25 minute fight.

He showed his win over cowboy was no fluke and even tho he didn't finish wonderboy, which nobody has done, he is very skilled and will be elite in the division for many years to come. He can knock you out or outstrike you over 25 minutes.

While I do appreciate the skill level on display here, fights like this need to be longer.

Longer? It was already 25 minutes lol. They both needed to commit at some point in the fight. Neither guy decided to pull the trigger, and this was the result.

At least there's someone on here that appreciates technical fights, and doesn't just call them boring.

It was a shit show where they barely landed anything. A technical shit show, but a shit show.

Very inactive fight, when there is so little going on its hard to describe it as an elite display of skill.

There is plenty going on the entire time. You're seeing a lot more footwork and feints than you do in a typical fight.

Both are physically big, long, rangey guys for the division. Both guys like to use feints, movement and counters.

So we're seeing a chess match, its not as though they are taking a coffee break, its just not frequently lobbing hands and feet.

I get why people find it tedious, but as it unfolds I find it entertaining and interesting to watch. At any moment you could see something substantial land, like the knockdown Till finally landed in the 5th.

Back