Fightmetric for Thomson vs. Till show stats some of the most pathetic in recent memory

Gigaton Punch

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Knockdowns - 1 for Till & 0 for Thompson
Sig. Strikes- 38 of 126 Till & 31 of 127 for Thomspon
Total Strikes - 40 of 129 for Till & 31 of 127 for Thompson

The most total strikes Till landed in a single round was round 5 when he landed 11
The most total strikes Thompson landed in a single round was rounds 3 & 4 when he landed 8

Neither fighter ever landed double digit significant strikes in a single round

So, we have a fight where 2 fighters did next to nothing for 25 whole minutes and people are crying about robbery and judging rather than talking about what bullshit that fight was

I swear Thompson has some type of voodoo on people where they cry about him getting "robbed" in fights where he does absolutely nothing.
Till sucked too. He misses weight by a mile and then just spars.
No more Thompson 25 minute fights, please

That’s what I’M saying. Nobody got robbed. They both deserved to lose so whatever.

So nothing happens for 25 minutes except for 1 knockdown. This sounds eerily similar to another Wonderboy fight.

Am I the only one who wants to see Thompson fight a nonUSADA Brock who has a baseball bat?

Thompson was facing a much larger opponent and was clearly hesitant, the thing I don't get it why he didn't plan for this. I figured he would be working the body getting in and out to wear him down but nope, he just chose to move around and feint. I saw him being interviewed on tv after the fight card was over and he mentioned how big Till was, that was clearly the difference in the fight. I suppose some of this boring shit has to be put on Till as well, sure he was pushing the pace and stalking Thompson but he wasn't exactly throwing a lot of strikes either.

Saves me the trouble of downloading it.

Thompson was facing a much larger opponent and was clearly hesitant, the thing I don't get it why he didn't plan for this. I figured he would be working the body getting in and out to wear him down but nope, he just chose to move around and feint. I saw him being interviewed on tv after the fight card was over and he mentioned how big Till was, that was clearly the difference in the fight. I suppose some of this boring shit has to be put on Till as well, sure he was pushing the pace and stalking Thompson but he wasn't exactly throwing a lot of strikes either.

Till did nothing in that fight and yet everyone is going on about Thompson.

People are talking about the judging of the fight more than the fight because the judging was more entertaining than the fight.

He did go to the body, but nothing fazed the over sized monkey.

Fightmetric stats are complete bullshit. It's some random guy watching the fight live and clicking a button when he thinks someone makes contact. Till did not land twice as many head strikes as Thompson.

The most total strikes Till landed in a single round was round 5 when he landed 11
The most total strikes Thompson landed in a single round was rounds 3 & 4 when he landed 8

So, we have a fight where 2 fighters did next to nothing for 25 whole minutes and people are crying about robbery and judging rather than talking about what bullshit that fight was

I swear Thompson has some type of voodoo on people where they cry about him getting "robbed" in fights where he does absolutely nothing.
Thompson has one of the nicest dads in the game.

He wipes the face of his son's opponents after a fight, with a crescent kick? Nope. With a towel.

With a towel!

If anything this thread shows 2 things:

1- Till won that fight.
2- 2008 and you dont understand that striking is not brawling.

I don't know why people were expecting anything different. Both guys have been boring decision fighters for their last several fights, with the exception of Till KO'ing Cowboy. Other than that, his previous few fights weren't much different from today's fight. People have a short memory.

I fell asleep during 3rd round so can't really comment on the results.

I just pictured Balrog typing all of this through gritted teeth.

Both of them needed to do something.. it was a bit annoying to watch just feinting 99.9% of the time hah

Back