Dana White on Till vs Thompson: It Was Close.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

• Him and The UFC didn't decide if Till will get a Title shot, wants to the see how RDA vs Pussyington goes

• Thanks Wondboy for taking the fight despite Till missing weight. Says he's not close to a title shot anytime soon since he lost to Woodley but he can work his way back up

• Said the scores on this card were "ridiculous"

• Said Thompson vs Till was close and can see why it was controversial. Mentioned Till was movie forward and being aggressive but it was still close each round.

The cards swung heavily one way or the other and not even a score that made it sound like it was close. Not sure how Till won almost every round though

The rounds were close enough to where ppl shouldn't be calling robbery, but WB won

I didn't think it was close at all
Till by a landslide

Pfffff, lol, you're crazy.

Aggression

Wonderboy is awful man you can't just stand around hopping in a karate stanch never engaging and expect to win

Till landed more strikes and came forward aggressively

There wasn't much to score on this fight whatsoever, they were both terrible but at least I can give Till a couple of things?

Dana White is lowkey extremely happy that Till won, Till is far more marketable than Wonderboy. He just found Bisping's Successor for the England Market.

• Him and The UFC didn't decide if Till will get a Title shot, wants to the see how RDA vs Pussyington goes

• Thanks Wondboy for taking the fight despite Till missing weight. Says he's not close to a title shot anytime soon since he lost to Woodley but he can work his way back up

• Said the scores on this card were "ridiculous"

• Said Thompson vs Till was close and can see why it was controversial. Mentioned Till was movie forward and being aggressive but it was still close each round.

pretty much i paid the judges like how we did when we rolled with the fertittas

Aggression

Wonderboy is awful man you can't just stand around hopping in a karate stanch never engaging and expect to win

Till landed more strikes and came forward aggressively

There wasn't much to score on this fight whatsoever, they were both terrible but at least I can give Till a couple of things?
You know what, you just totally convinced me. Wonderboy is an annoying counter-striker. I forgot about this. If most fighters just stood still doing nothing, Wonderboy would be exposed for this.
I'm glad Till won, looking at the principle of things.

You know what, you just totally convinced me. Wonderboy is an annoying counter-striker. I forgot about this. If most fighters just stood still doing nothing, Wonderboy would be exposed for this.
I'm glad Till won, looking at the principle of things.
{<redford}

It wasn’t necessarily the right decision but it certainly wasn’t a robbery. I really wasn’t 100 percent who won but I was slightly leaning towards Thompson.

Red goof would have been so fuckin pissed off at Wonderboy if Wonderboy had won the decision in such a boring fight against his new hype train in a new town.

Just his reaction would have been worth it.
<31>

"Never leave it in the hands of the hometown judges" - Kenny Florian

Last edited:
Who won the underhook battle? That's all I care about.

What a garbage fight, Wonderboy was significantly smaller than Till and was super hesitant because of it. I was expecting more body work from Wonderboy to wear down the bigger fighter but he had a different strategy, I just have no idea what it was. I still scored the fight in favour of Wonderboy as I thought he threw and landed the better combinations whereas everything Till threw or landed was a single shot. Till should not be celebrating, he didn't make weight, he should not be moving up the ranks for having a performance like this after bragging about cutting so much weight and then not being able to do it.

Last edited:
A nice fair fight too.

ComposedHastyBighorn-size_restricted.gif

Back