Everyone calls Floyd a coward and a runner for fighting like that.

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
But Wonderboy. Oh, he's great. I just wish people would be consistent. I'm not saying I called Floyd those things.

I'm seeing an overwhelming consensus saying that fight was boring and Wonderboy should have done way more, not sure what you're talking about

But Wonderboy. Oh, he's great. I just wish people would be consistent. I'm not saying I called Floyd those things.

To me, Wonderboy isn't great doing that, his stock is consistently dropping. He needs to do what he does but the aggressivive version, as the defensive wonder, makes guys looks bad (including the champ) but isn't enough to put guys in danger (atleast not quite, headkicks were legit and would KO if landed crisp.) If he wants to remain truly releveant, he has to be willing to take a few or go mad aggressive and take a motherfucker out. He has to be willing to go out cold, and he will look like a star. The classic UFC conundrum. My take, anyway.

None of them are cowards. It can be amusing to poke fun at Wonderboy, Holm, Gus, Overeem etc. but they are all really good fighters and dancing around/running away like a fairy :p is a legit style.

Also why not put blame on their opponents for not just charging them and making it KO or be KOed? Like Ronda did lol.

I haven't seen anyone say anything positive at all, except a couple of people pretending to be "cultured" fans

The entire website is shitting on Wonderboy and his style right now.

Where the fuck are you?

I haven't seen anyone say anything positive at all, except a couple of people pretending to be "cultured" fans

I'm just talking about the general love and praise Wonderboy gets for basically fighting the exact same way.

He also Run in the Rory fight. And won doing nothing.

I think he is 60% good fighter and 40% UFC hype job. Because they desperate wanted a blonde WW champ.

Not everybody says that and a ton of people call Wonderboy boring so I'm not sure wtf you're talking about. If anything it's the other way around, people call Wonderboy boring and call Mayweather a defensive genius.

I call him "Maurice."

Because, well you know.

It's no pretense, this is a picture of me:

As you can see, I am obviously a person of high culture.

GSP
Machida
Frankie

my three favorite fighters of all time and at some point or another they have been called boring... maybe what is boring to some is actually very interesting and entertaining to others.
Im not necessarily a Wonderboy fan but I do love his style. The only surprising thing was that decision.

Uh...most people do bash Floyd for those things. The difference is one actually sticks and moves and the other just leaves his hands low. To be honest, I have no problem with either, because whatever works to get the win, works. However, you can't get upset when it doesn't.

Look at floyds punch stats tho, he still outlands people in one sided fashion without ever getting touched, in 50 fights you can count the times hes been landed on clean with a power shot on one hand.

He also only started moving about when he moved up in weight to 147 towards the end of his career as he got older, when he was young in his prime in the lower weight classes he was knocking guy's out cold and was super aggressive.

yeah ive seen very little evidence of anyone saying this. most people have been saying wonderboy is boring as fuck and useless for his last few fights. maybe we frequent different threads.

Floyd actually engages and he does weird matrix shit when he is on the defensive.

Back