If you know anything about MMA judging

Diaricooo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
You'd know that rounds are scored first and foremost by effective striking and grappling. Only there after are they scored by damage and finally octagon control. Wonderboy landed hands on him and Tilll did not whether you like it or not and Wonderboy outsruck him overall.

IF such a fight should be scored by Octagon Control then shouldn't Wonderboy have won the freaking title over Woodley?

Look the fact is that true mma fans know how fights are properly scored and had wb winning. Theres no point on justifying it with the handful of people who think the other way just because the fight was a bit boring. Im just happy knowing that most of the mma community had wb as the winner and thats all there is to it, we cant change anything but appreciate the true winner. Wb fought a 205er and still outpointed him, till aint bad but after today, id put him in top 5 probably, not anywhere near the top 2 or 3 guys

You'd know that rounds are scored first and foremost by effective striking and grappling. Only there after are they scored by damage and finally octagon control. Wonderboy landed hands on him and Tilll did not whether you like it or not and Wonderboy outsruck him overall.

IF such a fight should be scored by Octagon Control then shouldn't Wonderboy have won the freaking title over Woodley?
Till won whether you like it or not.

Till didn't land on him, did someone leave a banana skin in the cage between rounds 4 and 5?

Somebody posted the numbers, and it looks like Till landed the most shots.

This is sherdog...... Very few on here know how fights are scored.

It amazes me how people still don't understand how to judge a fight after consistently crying about it for years. To be honest, I don't know if it's just ignorance at this point, or the fact all of you's watch it on 240p illegal streams... realistically it's probably both!

till.jpg

Wonderboy out struck him according to what exactly? Just take your word for it? UFC stats and comp u strike say till out struck Wonderboy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180527-131219.png
    Screenshot_20180527-131219.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 2

Look at the round-by-round significant strikes from that source and take into account the round 5 knockdown. Till still wins. Also, I think fightmetric uses a more precise methodology but, uh, don't quote me on that.

I agree...
Quite why wb's corner thought it'd be a good idea to beat the fk outta his legs between rounds is beyond me.
I'm guessing that's how they got so bruised and why he stopped throwing kicks, changing stances and slowed down to get caught a lot more in 4 and 5....

Fk knows.

I thought wonderboy won but it was by no means convincing. It all depends on the personal preference of the Judges though

All I know is WB won the first, Till won the 5, and I dozed off 2-4.

Trying to understand the inconsistencies of mma judging is a waste of time. Just know that the system is made to be obsfuscous on purpose for a reason.

Back