What happened to Preacher's Daughter? Can she turn the corner against Mighty Megan?

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
source.gif

She came into MMA from a huge boxing platform, world class and with a couple of kickboxing (T)KOs under her belt.

Went 10-0 with 7 (T)KOs and took the belt with this beauty

giphy.gif

Her very next fight Miesha Tate left her twitching unconscious on the mat and took that belt.

miesha-tate-chokes-out-holly-holm-ufc-196.jpg

Since the Ronda KO she is 1-4 and her only win is against Betch Correira.

What do you guys think went wrong? Is it her camp? USADA? Father Time catching up with her? Fair enough Cupcake, Bullet, GDR and Cyborg is 4 very tough fights. And GDR is a dirty b*tch. But excuses only take you so far. There's no room for weakness and excuses at the top (or at least there shouldn't be). You have to win.

Next up is Megan Anderson on the 9th of June. This is a big opportunity for Holly to turn things around and get some momentum against a big name and a highly touted opponent and in one fell swoop get another crack at Cyborg. If she wants it now is the time to step up her game. Can she do it?

Last edited:
She's fighting tougher competition

Cyborg would kill any natural woman
De Randemie may be GOAT ducker but is a good fighter for wmma standards
Tate also was at the top of wbw for a long while
Who was her 4th loss that I'm missing?

She's fighting tougher competition

Cyborg would kill any natural woman
De Randemie may be GOAT ducker but is a good fighter for wmma standards
Tate also was at the top of wbw for a long while
Who was her 4th loss that I'm missing?
shev

Holly is a physical specimen with decent skill but she was never great. Not before and not after the Ronda fight. She is too predictable and takes no risks. I don’t think it’s about strategic choice, just who she is as a fighter.

Her record speaks for itself, she had the one skill that Honda was totally inept at other than that she was never very good and her wins previous to that where very forgettable.

Well, I always will be grateful for her beautiful Ronda KO. But frankly speaking, even on her way to the title shot she had some absolutely not impressive perfomances and gifted decisions. Still think she is top 5 WBW.

here only impressive perfomance was when rousey walked chin up into her punches

way overrated

Holm can "ish ish" her way to a decision.
She needs a W here in the worst kind of way. If she can avoid Megan with angles and outwork her to a safe points decision she'll grab that with both hands I think.

Although if she comes out moving forward and throwing bombs it would be entertaining lol but unlikely.

She came into MMA from a huge boxing platform, world class and with a couple of kickboxing (T)KOs under her belt.
Went 10-0 with 7 (T)KOs and took the belt with this beauty

Her very next fight Miesha Tate left her twitching unconscious on the match and took her belt.
If you watched the fight, you'll see that Holm was winning in the Tate fight until the very end.
The Randamie fight was close and could have been a draw if Randamie was penalized for a late strike.
Even with her losses, she would probably still beat Ronda again.

Styles make fights. Her style exposed Ronda but anyone else with above average striking beats her point out fighting style.

Back