Is Till being treated unfairly?

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fighter health first right? That's what they always say.

Yes he failed the weight cut and there is no excuse, and he should be punished by a purse reduction (or whatever else, maybe forced to MW (where he belongs imo), you name it), and Wonderboy had the choice to take the fight or not, he knows Till wont pull out due additional punishment since he's the hometown guy, too much pride and responsibility.

But as many others have pointed out, having to do another weightcut/stay dehydrated the day of the fight is just dangerous, it's to make it fair to Thompson right? But the 3,5lbs advantage he had at the scale does not even slightly compare to being dehydrated in the cage, and did everyone forget that Wonderboy is the favourite here? Wonderboy is the NUMBER ONE guy, he could literally kill him in there with a good shot if Till is dehydrated.

QZVJ24J.png

Summary:

1. He already got his punishment.
2. He is now at a physical and mental disadvantage. (dehydration, stress, pressure, wrong focus).
3. He is the underdog to begin with, he's fighting the #1 guy.

People here act like they want him dead/suffer severe brain damage for missing weight (it's already a risk he takes when cutting a lot in the first place), He is the underdog and has no advantage anymore, and he still has the monetary punishment.

Last edited:
"Fighter health first right? That's what they always say."

Yes, so we should care for Wonderboy's health as well. He shouldn't fight a LHW dude in the cage hence Till needs to keep his weight low.

Yes, so we should care for Wonderboy's health as well. He shouldn't fight a LHW dude in the cage hence Till needs to keep his weight low.
I agree, but this is a potential mismatch as well, people aren't sure if Till is even ready.

Seriously the cerrone fight just seemed unfair

Guy was fighting someone who appeared to be at least 1 weight class above him

Huge fan of Till. No he isn't being treated unfairly. What's unfair is trying to use weight cutting to gain a weight advantage over your opponents. If he can't make 188 he should move up in weight because he clearly does not belong in WW. Thompson has been more than fair.

I agree, but this is a potential mismatch as well, people aren't sure if Till is even ready.

His smug statements boasting about how he’s a Lhw fighting at ww and nobody can do anything about it make it almost impossible to have any sympathy for him

That was one of my favourite moments in Empire, when I was a little that movie was new and Vader was so menacing. Excellent use of classic footage.

Seriously the cerrone fight just seemed unfair

Guy was fighting someone who appeared to be at least 1 weight class above him
I feel like that too but he made the weight that time.

His smug statements boasting about how he’s a Lhw fighting at ww and nobody can do anything about it make it almost impossible to have any sympathy for him

Yeah, part of me views it that way too heh.

Nailed it.

<{ohyeah}>

It's hard to say.

It depends how severe a 188 limit on him is. If he has to keep dehydrated for god knows how long as a result then yes.

I would imagine that Wonderboy will likely weigh in around 190 by the time they're fighting tomorrow. I hardly imagine Till will weigh in that much more, despite missing weight.

Making Till fight under these stipulations are reasonable. This is really the perfect middle ground. There is a reason why fighters who miss weight are undefeated and it wouldn't be fair to WB who btw came to enemy territory and is a smaller guy. The reason why Amanda Cooper and Desmond green didnt do this was because they have no name value/leverage. The fact the fight is still going is great considering that WB has just as much if not more to lose

gotta make an example out of someone.

Why is everyone acting like this is unprecedented. They did the same thing when Rumble missed weight for the Vitor fight. He was given a cap for fight day weight he couldn't go over or the fight would be scrapped. Till isn't the first to be given this stipulation.

Oh, and the answer is no, Till is not being treated unfairly. He missed weight by a huge amount. At 188 he’s still heavier than some WWs on fight night.

If he’s allowed to come in hugely overweight and has no limit on his fight night weight then aside from a purse reduction he would be in a pretty advantageous position, I.e. Wonderboy would be at a disadvantage. So someone will be disadvantaged in this fight, that’s unavoidable. It should be the man that didn’t keep his contractual obligation who is at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
He has to weigh in at 1p.m. not right before the fight. He can hydrate his heart out still before the fight. It just makes him a bit more bloated and unideal come fight time. Which is more than fair for coming in that heavy when he is the one trying to make a name off of Wonderboy.

Fighter health first right? That's what they always say.

Yes he failed the weight cut and there is no excuse, and he should be punished by a purse reduction (or whatever else, maybe forced to MW (where he belongs imo), you name it), and Wonderboy had the choice to take the fight or not, he knows Till wont pull out due additional punishment since he's the hometown guy, too much pride and responsibility.

But as many others have pointed out, having to do another weightcut/stay dehydrated the day of the fight is just dangerous, it's to make it fair to Thompson right? But the 3,5lbs advantage he had at the scale does not even slightly compare to being dehydrated in the cage, and did everyone forget that Wonderboy is the favourite here? Wonderboy is the NUMBER ONE guy, he could literally kill him in there with a good shot if Till is dehydrated.

QZVJ24J.png

Summary:

1. He already got his punishment.
2. He is now at a physical and mental disadvantage. (dehydration, stress, pressure, wrong focus).
3. He is the underdog to begin with, he's fighting the #1 guy.

People here act like they want him dead/suffer severe brain damage for missing weight (it's already a risk he takes when cutting a lot in the first place), He is the underdog and has no advantage anymore, and he still has the monetary punishment.
Seems like a cheap analysis? What punishment did he get? 30% of his purse doesn't mean that much if he wins and has a great performance and he wanted the Wonderboy fight. WB has been very gracious and his management team came up with something that works for both parties. Coming into enemy territory against a big ww, and one of the ufc's hype trains means he's accepting more risk. Just ask frankie edgar at ufc 222

Why is everyone acting like this is unprecedented. They did the same thing when Rumble missed weight for the Vitor fight. He was given a cap for fight day weight he couldn't go over or the fight would be scrapped. Till isn't the first to be given this stipulation.
yea I know it's happened before, but recently fighters that are missing weight are all winning. I forget what the stat is, but over the last year or 2, the fighter that misses weight wins almost every time. Not sure how many of those had the fight day weigh in, but I don't think it is many at all. For the most part, missing weight is costing you 20-30%, and getting you a win that moves you up in the rankings to bigger pay days.

Forcing him to be in state where he could easily die is a problem. If you think he has an advantage then refuse the fight. Don't ask to fight a person with a compromised brain.

Back