If the 30% purse cut is not enough to make fighters take weight cuts seriously

SirKratos

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Then why not increase the amount until fighters miss weight considerably less?

This whole situation reminds me of UFC refs allowing fighters to make illegal moves 3-4 times in a fight before they finally consider taking away point. So basically every fighter has a couple free shots at illegal maneuvers that might change the direction of the fight

If they want results, they need to consider being more harsh with their punishments

they should be held to CSAC rules and if they miss weight they must move up ...you also cannot lose more than 10% water weight otherwise you must move up ..

30% is a huge penalty for missing weight by a few pounds

Up the penalty to 50% and see how the fighters who don’t make weight react.

Why would they care.. They win, get all the credit for the win as though they made weight.. The only downside is that they make less money that they will easily make up for by virtue of the win and higher ranking..

they should be held to CSAC rules and if they miss weight they must move up ...you also cannot lose more than 10% water weight otherwise you must move up ..

Bro, fighters know EXACTLY which weigh class they could go down to without any risks of missing weight.

Take away 100% of their purse if they miss weight, and NONE of them would miss weight anymore. Why should they get paid if they don't make weight anyway?

To fight in MMA you have to meet 2 requirements, make weight and be ready inside the octagon when ref says go. So by missing weight you are not doing 50% of your job. Why should your boss pay you for a half complete work?

well Darren already willingly offered Wonderboy 100% of his purse so now what TS?

Why would they care.. They win, get all the credit for the win as though they made weight.. The only downside is that they make less money that they will easily make up for by virtue of the win and higher ranking..

You do realize that MMA is a job for the fighters and they are in it for the money right?

"The only downside" ... Like really

You do realize that MMA is a job for the fighters and they are in it for the money right?

Yeah, and how did the 30% hurt Dern(who didn't even try to make weight) .. She won..Got a bump in the rankings.. Is one step closer to a titleshot and keeps here undefeated record which will be marketed by the UFC which will probably lead to her having a better spot on the card the next time she fights and a better shot at outside endorsements.

Yeah, and how did the 30% hurt Dern(who didn't even try to make weight) .. She won..Got a bump in the rankings.. Is one step closer to a titleshot and keeps here undefeated record which will be marketed by the UFC which will probably lead to her having a better spot on the card the next time she fights and a better shot at outside endorsements.

It didn't hurt Dern, thats why I'm saying the penalty should be more than 30% so fighter s start caring about it more

they should still have to make the weight imo... even if they miss the deadline.

the sooner they make the weight, the sooner they can hydrate. So the fighter missing weight is only screwing himself over.

I honestly dont understand why it doesnt work like this. There's a reason why fighters missing weight are 6 for 6 this year.

Bro, fighters know EXACTLY which weigh class they could go down to without any risks of missing weight.

Take away 100% of their purse if they miss weight, and NONE of them would miss weight anymore. Why should they get paid if they don't make weight anyway?

To fight in MMA you have to meet 2 requirements, make weight and be ready inside the octagon when ref says go. So by missing weight you are not doing 50% of your job. Why should your boss pay you for a half complete work?

some fighters could care less about the money .. Take till for example.. He doesn't care at all .. He is banking on money down he road for this victory.. So what good does that do ?

if you miss weight you must fight in next weight class .. And your suspended 1 year ..if you want back in you must do 30/10/1 mandatory test not exceeding 190lbs ..

they should still have to make the weight imo... even if they miss the deadline.

the sooner they make the weight, the sooner they can hydrate. So the fighter missing weight is only screwing himself over.

I honestly dont understand why it doesnt work like this. There's a reason why fighters missing weight are 6 for 6 this year.

health risk .. you shouldn't ever lose more than 10% water weight and should have time to rehydrate .. It actually takes longer than 24 hrs for proper rehydration

Isnt it usually 20%? I thought Wonderboy negotiated them up

It didn't hurt Dern, thats why I'm saying the penalty should be more than 30% so fighter s start caring about it more

I think we are saying the same thing.. There needs to be bigger consequences for missing weight.

This whole situation reminds me of UFC refs allowing fighters to make illegal moves 3-4 times in a fight before they finally consider taking away point.

736395.jpg

27xRS.jpg

shogun2.jpg

50%
9 month suspension

Missed weight again?
75%
12 months suspension
Must move up

It's getting out of hand

Back