Darren Till admits he cuts from 210 pounds to make Welterweight

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Till he said he can get upward of 210 pounds before cutting down to welterweight, so keeping himself under 188 will be a challenge. Still, Till said he’ll do his best to make it happen, even if it means putting in a hard training session the morning of his fight.

“They were adamant I had to weigh in 83-85 kilo (182-187 pounds), which just – it’s bad for me health,” Till said. “We’ll see what happens in the morning when I weigh. I’ve already started drinking. I’ve already started filling back up."

via mmajunkie

Till he said he can get upward of 210 pounds before cutting down to welterweight, so keeping himself under 188 will be a challenge. Still, Till said he’ll do his best to make it happen, even if it means putting in a hard training session the morning of his fight.

“They were adamant I had to weigh in 83-85 kilo (182-187 pounds), which just – it’s bad for me health,” Till said. “We’ll see what happens in the morning when I weigh. I’ve already started drinking. I’ve already started filling back up."

via mmajunkie
Next time he just needs to make the weight

It'll be interesting to see if hebcomes in heavy again.

If he was hardworking or professional he wouldnt have already missed twice in only five UFC fights.

He's flat out too big for the division.

Shed some muscle weight or move to middleweight.

Wonderboy was very wise to insist on a second weigh-in, otherwise it would be completely unfair.

It wouldn’t be hard if he wasn’t an idiot.

Why would you put in a “hard training session” to sweat the pounds as opposed to lying in a mineral hot bath or sitting in a sauna?

If you can't even be within 20lbs of the contracted weight the day of the fight, you should be forced to move up a weight class whether you can make the weight or not. Its unsafe and unfair to other people who might have to nearly kill themselves to cut a similar amount of weight to be competitive.

no, he doesn't cut from 210. he is fat when he's 210

edited with the video of him talking on MMA hour

Rumble Approves!

AnthonyJohnsonGSP1.jpg

Pictured Above: 2 Welterweights

It wouldn’t be hard if he wasn’t an idiot.

Why would you put in a “hard training session” to sweat the pounds as opposed to lying in a mineral hot bath or sitting in a sauna?
Sounds like totally more badassss, bruh

this is well over the 10% that is considered to be safe .. he should be forced by commission to move up. I hope they take gravity test and reveal his results

If that’s true, then he really needs to move to MW. Lots of fun fights for him there too; Brunson would be a good test to see if he’s legit when fighting guys his size

"Cuts from _______" weight is not the same as "between fight walk-around weight."

As a comparison, Rich Franklin was as scientific a weight cutter as I ever saw. He walked around at 210 (actually, he woke up at 210 and went to bed weighing 212. Like I said, he had it down to a science). He started his cut under 205 and that was to MW. If Till starts his cut at 210 he has no damned business trying to fight at 170.

Till said. “We’ll see what happens in the morning when I weigh. I’ve already started drinking. I’ve already started filling back up."

via mmajunkie

This is ridiculous
Going by that statement the guy clearly doesn't give a fuck

UFC have to come up with a harsher punishment for missing weight, maybe start handing out suspensions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back