How come Boxers always make weight?

ILove4MinutesHyuna

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What is the main reason we dont hear about many missed weight cuts in Boxing?

The last one I remember was that Gervonta Davis dude, but he missed by like 2 pounds.

Are MMA fighters just not as professional? Are there not enough weight classes in MMA?

I actually never considered that. But I wonder why too. I don't watch enough boxing to know.

Boxers don't need to cut as much weight because the weight isn't as much of an advantage in pure striking, so they don't.

Boxers miss weight all the time we just don’t follow them every week to hear about it

IIRC a study was done and MMA fighters generally cut more weight.

The last one I remember was that Gervonta Davis dude, but he missed by like 2 pounds.

Are MMA fighters just not as professional? Are there not enough weight classes in MMA?
because boxers never used to cut anywhere near the amount of weight that mma fighters do.

Because you don't grapple in boxing so weight is less of a factor.

Also, Grant is buried in Grant's tomb

There's a lot more weight classes in boxing. Weight classes are separated mostly from 4lbs to 7lbs. So it's a lot easier to find a perfect weight class.

Boxers don't need to cut as much weight because the weight isn't as much of an advantage in pure striking, so they don't.
also boxers take a lot more blows to the head. you don't want to be dehydrated and getting hit to much. modern boxers are starting to cut more weight and it could lead to more adverse effects though.

A lot more weight classes. You don't have to cut anywhere near the amount of weight.

Boxing coaches and trainers are much more skilled at identifying and helping boxers find their ideal weight class and cut weight.

That it is say, most MMA trainers, nutritionists, coaches, publicists, agents, etc are completely winging it and fairly inept at all their jobs. Hence you have MMA figthers missing weight, unable to leverage their identities into real income, investing in failing gyms, talking reckless on instagram daily, and basically under utilizing their potential and missing out on opportunities to monetize whatever level of celebrity they have.

zJ1oR.gif

weight classes. bring me 165 and 175 and till never misses weight again. till, gastelum, kevin lee, khabib and many more

Much more practicing. Most pro boxers have at least 50 to 100 ammy fights (or more) before they go pro. That's a whole lot of practice with weight cutting and getting to know what your body is capable of. Lot of MMA fighters have just a few ammy fights then go pro. If you're really good or lucky, you can find yourself in the UFC with less than ten fights under your belt.

don't cut much weight
and it's an actual sport and the fighters are professionals

these guys in mma just come from the streets

boxers have way more weightclasses, and the top boxers are probably more disciplined.

they also don't cut as much as MMA fighters.

Back