Someone explain the Wonderboy Till stipulation to me....

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So Till can't weigh more than 188? When do they weigh him? Immediately before the fight? What if he is? Fights cancelled? Does he forfeit more of his purse?

I believe that they'll weigh Till around the time he gets to the arena, or when the main card starts, around that time.

Supposedly the fight will be off if Till is over his new limit of 188 pounds. I just hope we get a good fight tomorrow.

Till fucked up, rehydration limit so as to make his not cutting less an advantage since he can’t balloon up to 215 like normal if he played by the rules . Boxing has these from time to time as well .

It will be the morning of the fight that they will weigh in. Anything can happen if it’s negotiaited but Wonderbog can back out of the fight.

His camp said we will agree if you are 188 tomorrow morning.

If Till misses weight again, it will really show he doesn’t care.

I just hope we get a good fight tomorrow.

I hope so too but I hate it when guys miss weight and win. Look at Romero Rockhold. Yoel didn't even try in his extra hour. Obviously Derns win was just wrong.

Dana said in an interview that if he doesn’t make 188 it’s completely up to wonder boys team want to do.

He will be weighed 1pm on Sunday (U.K. time/ day of the fight) he cannot weigh more than 188. After that he can weigh whatever the fuck he wants as long as he keeps to that number or lower at 1pm for weigh in

He weighs in at 1pm... if he misses weight again then it’s up to WB to take the fight. Per dana

Till must forfeit 30 percent of his purse
Till must weigh in at 188lbs at 1PM(Local time)

Great move by Wonderboys team.

Till feels he might not even make 188. I’m thinking if he fails again then wonderboy will take all of his money but maybe buy him a beer after. Salut motherfucker

under new weight cutting system its now normal to limit to 10% on fight night .. If he comes in over that the fight could be scrapped or more of the purse could be negotiated..

I would bet that wonderboy scraps fight in this case. Till was already willing to give purse right away and Thompson wasn't interested .. He was more concerned about new 10% limit was followed

it's surprising that the purse withheld was not 30% instead of the 20

The rules are the rules. Till has to pay somehow. He had plenty of time to prepare.

Pretty lame of wonderboy to demand that.

From a fan perspective it really sucks. Fight may be called off a few hours before its scheduled. Sure yeah, It sucks he missed weight but he is forfeiting 30%. These extra demands make Thompson look like a real asshole. Either accept the fight or fuck right off. Fans want to know if the main event is actually happening or not. These extra demands that compromise the fight actually happening should not be allowed. It is a bit much.

From a fan perspective it really sucks. Fight may be called off a few hours before its scheduled. Sure yeah, It sucks he missed weight but he is forfeiting 30%. These extra demands make Thompson look like a real asshole. Either accept the fight or fuck right off. Fans want to know if the main event is actually happening or not. These extra demands that compromise the fight actually happening should not be allowed. It is a bit much.
Till jeopardized the fight, not Wonderboy. The fight could have been canceled if Wonderboy wanted. He did the professional thing by making weight.

Till said it himself that him fighting at WW should be illegal. Clearly the guy loves to abuse weight cutting and bully smaller guys. Why the fuck would anyone allow someone who thinks and acts like that the freedom to balloon up as much as he wants after failing a weight cut, what other advantages do you want him to have? If anything the limit should of been lower.

Back