UFC should post fighters current weight.

GuanoApes

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think it’d be interesting if fighters got weighed an hour or so before their fights, and their current weight was posted on the Tale of the Tape.

Darren Till has to come in tomorrow at 188lbs, but we don’t know how much he normally weighs on Fight Day.

We are missing out on a crucial stat that can help us determine which fighter has the true weight advantage.

If any UFC employees are reading this, please recommend it to the bosses at UFC! Please.

I think they don't because it would be a bad look on the sport knowing people are gaining 25 pounds in 24 hours

But yeah, it's crucial to know, would change some of my betting picks as well

I think it’d be interesting if fighters got weighed an hour or so before their fights, and their current weight was posted on the Tale of the Tape.

Darren Till has to come in tomorrow at 188lbs, but we don’t know how much he normally weighs on Fight Day.

We are missing out on a crucial stat that can help us determine which fighter has the true weight advantage.

If any UFC employees are reading this, please recommend it to the bosses at UFC! Please.
I read that in the UFC announcer's voice.

I've definitely want to see fighter's in cage weight like they do with boxing at times.

I think they don't because it would be a bad look on the sport knowing people are gaining 25 pounds in 24 hours

But yeah, it's crucial to know, would change some of my betting picks as well
Kinda ruins the mystique of the fight knowing 2 guys that are fighting for the 155 title both are north of 180. The true actual fans of the sport already know this but the casuals are totally blind. Most people believe that the weight the filters fight at are actually the weight they live life at.

When your 145 champ moves up to fight the 155 champ and they both have similar weights then why is the 145 champ even fighting at 145?

Last edited:
Are you telling me even after missing weight Till is allowed to fight while being 18 lbs over the limit? That's a bit fucked up!

Are you telling me even after missing weight Till is allowed to fight while being 18 lbs over the limit? That's a bit fucked up!
Rehydration is real and not allowing Till to rehydrate is actually putting his life in jeopardy.

And he'll actually be heavier in the cage. He has to what 188 at 1 o'clock England time. The fight isn't until night England time.

whatever you weigh in at weigh ins, is your weight...that is how it's always been. for hundreds of years of boxing and now with mma...boxers cut weight, just like mma fighters do...maybe not to the same degree, cause of all the different weight classes, but they still do...especially years ago, when there were far few divisions.

whatever you weigh in at weigh ins, is your weight...that is how it's always been. for hundreds of years of boxing and now with mma...boxers cut weight, just like mma fighters do...maybe not to the same degree, cause of all the different weight classes, but they still do...especially years ago, when there were far few divisions.
Boxing for years has included in ring weight

Weight Cutting should be a separate issue for fighter safety. Fighters should be able to show their diet company outside of the compulsory reebok uniform.

Would be interesting... But hard not to notice when a fighter is three times their size...

Back