Ngannou's Hype Was More Warranted

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The guy had dominating wins over Curtis Blaydes, Andrei Arlovski, Overeem.

His ground game was a question mark but he did have submission wins.

Darren Till has a win against Cowboy, a guy who used to compete at LW and now you have people saying the guy would beat Whittaker, he will finish Wonderboy in the 2nd round.

67fb1d182692b6df3b4800b3a818b75d.552x370x1.png

Tomorrow Till is going to school and he and the fans will see what it's like to face the number 1 guy in the division in a five round fight.

We'll see. i'm not rooting for Till but he's an interesting matchup for Wonderboy. Hope Thompson can make him his jabroni.

how many ppl are actually picking Till to win?

this fight has Wonderboy decision written all over it

Lol, who the hell said he'd beat Whittaker?!!

Wonderboy via UD tomorrow and end of this funny hype

Lol, who the hell said he'd beat Whittaker?!!

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/till-should-just-be-a-middleweight.3769765/

I wouldn't see a lot of challenges for him. I think he beats Whittaker easy, actually. Romero would turn into a wrestler, and that might be a problem, but other than him, who gives Till problems? Kelvin? Please.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/wonderboy-is-gonna-get-murked-so-badly.3769569/

I doubt It. Wonderboy Isn't gonna take him 5 rounds

He will be finished long before then.

2nd round tko

And plenty others.

Ngannou's hype was legit, he may not be a worldbeater but he's worthy of being considering an elite fighter. Till so far isn't.

Bruh

Ngannou fought to a decision on no gas tank with the most dominant UFC heavyweight champ in history who had finished 5 consecutive legends prior.

Francis is a monster and a truly elite fighter. Prodigal, even, to make it to that point with such little skill and experience.

If he stays focused, he will stifle the championship picture for a long time.

Till is TBD.

Bruh

Ngannou fought to a decision on no gas tank with the most dominant UFC heavyweight champ in history who had finished 5 consecutive legends prior.

Francis is a monster and a truly elite fighter. Prodigal, even, to make it to that point with such little skill and experience.

If he stays focused, he will stifle the championship picture for a long time.

Till is TBD.
I agree 100%. No doubt he's a top HW.

But since the UFC hyped him up so much before he lost, most people refer to him as the hype train that got derailed.

I said Ngannou's hype was more warranted because he actually beat big names before the hype came. Till's only name to his resume is a win over Cowboy.

how many ppl are actually picking Till to win?

this fight has Wonderboy decision written all over it
Especially in a five round where Till has to weigh in AGAIN the day of the fight. His biggest advantage was size, not skills, and that is a massive mistake to make. His first only shot is basically KO'ing Wonderboy, who is a superior fighter in almost every way.

Especially in a five round where Till has to weigh in AGAIN the day of the fight. His biggest advantage was size, not skills, and that is a massive mistake to make. His first only shot is basically KO'ing Wonderboy, who is a superior fighter in almost every way.
His biggest strength Is his size, not his skills?

oh my lord..

His biggest strength Is his size, not his skills?

oh my lord..
Against Wonderboy? Hell yeah his only known advantage is his size. You think he's a better striker? The guy drew against a UFC reject, had a bunch of boring decisions, KO's old man Cowboy and is now heralded as Scouser Conor. WB just clowned hard on Masvidal, he beat Rory, KO'd Whittaker and arguably beat TWood. No way does Till have the skill advantage.

of course it's more warranted. he completely destroyed the #1 contender in seconds and crushed another 2 top 10-15 HWs.

Till has barely beaten a bunch of cans and then smashed a LW.

Till's hype is based on one fight against a guy who's spent most of his career at LW. that's the same as if Ngannou had decisioned all the cans he fought and then KO'd LHW Jimi Manuwa and now he's 1 fight away from the title shot for KO'ing a LHW.

Ngannous hype to the level it got wasn’t warranted..people were talking like he was one of the GOATs for crying out loud. He was going to knock out Stipe in Round 1.

I kept it in perspective. I said he is at best a Shane Carwin type...which is good. Their rise up the ranks were very similar but with his wrestling I was likely being generous. Others not so much

Sweet hype train crash though

Ngannous hype to the level it got wasn’t warranted..people were talking like he was one of the GOATs for crying out loud. He was going to knock out Stipe in Round 1.

I kept it in perspective. Others not so much

Seeet hype train crash though

that's true, i didn't believe he was a goat myself, but he's definitely a top level HW. i can't say the same about Till. he hasn't proven anything to me.

Back